October 29, 2020, 12:16:08 am

Topic: Why is this game more dead this year?  (Read 1037 times)

Offline ~PaleLion-

• MD/JD Addict
    • View Profile
Why is this game more dead this year?
« on: June 01, 2020, 03:21:56 am »
 :'( listen yall idk what's going on with gm's here but basic things that were promised for WHILE, like pig event, gender changes fashion (we had no new fash in a year?) and custom maps and other things. Not making fun or taking shots at gms, but like seriously daily logins havent been done in so long and i am not a proffesional programmer but i cant see how that single thing would take 3+ months. I know gms have lives so don't comment that shit im just curious on this as a day one player, this game was beyond amazing and we had almost weekly updates and now it feels so much more dead. If gms wont answer i wanna see what community thinks, i play this game and jade monkey and have 3 clients on 24 hrs almost always but i don't wanna waste time on a game that wont be touched unless money will come in i love the community but game cant grow if gm's wont try and community doesn't care enough to voice our opinion and be sheep.
Lets seriously discuss this cause game has been stuck below 1k players daily for too long!!!

Offline 09maria09

• View Profile
Re: Why is this game more dead this year?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 04:39:11 am »
Yes is so bored and Dead.  They should have more hide n seek + other fun events.  + New Fashion's.

Offline xkillerx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 04:09:35 pm »
as I see it there is 2 main reason ppl are less active in game

1st: unactive staff, no weekly events, no GS that help daily with stuff and questions, and last update was before Christmas.

2nd: is pvp, the pvp event system is awesome but there is a massive difference between old players to new, old players can build a ton in a few days and make it over power and control pvp, this is very frustrating, just think of someone building a toon for 4 months and getting "bully" by a 2 day faction.
there is not much u can do about it, but maybe make a event for the non OP ppl.
a lot of ppl rage quit cuz of seira/hydran, I don't talk about that, cuz u can counter them, need to work hard, really hard for that, but possible.

Also there are items in game that are hard to get, almost impossible due to fact u need more active ppl, such as Buddha's Relic and other Necky, maybe add different ways to get it, like a boss in Elysium that drop it like GoR but not him.

One last thing, the game has lost some great factions, since u need seira/hydran for milky, a lot went to that, and faction like Balo, Celan, Kytos are rare. Even in pvp there is like 2 lupin players 1 modo and rest are seira/hyd.

Offline hirokisan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 06:22:40 am »
I mean this is a private server, therefore things should be a bit easier for us to obtain comparing with officials. but it is not the case.
1. chroma, i am farming 24hrs with 3 account, and none of my char is lvl 81 yet. i have 245 fates blood orb in one char.
2. lets say i want to spend the money for chroma, i dont have the option. Pay to win can ruin the game, but look, what you have in shop is some what useless.
3. if you want to make pvp alive, cancel those hard instance, y? people just not here to farm, some are but like the previous reply, old players have too much advantage over new players, what i mean by too much is just not the time component, some instance requires multiple people which requires you to be on the game in specify time is disgusting.
4. you don't need to nerf anyone, just buff the others. it is a fact that not having instant recovery potion is a huge advantage for seira and hydran, they just melt you down in seconds because you just simply not able to heal up. i have them as alts so I kinda know how brain-dead these two classes are.
5. Staffs are simply not listening

Offline PowerSlave

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 06:34:12 pm »
keep in mind that md staff here have their own lives and work etc etc. this whole game was developed as side gig. nobody gets paid here and the little donations they most go towards server hosting.
With that being said, JD in itself is a really ancient game by todays standard, its pve system at this point is just a boring routine and even tho they have boosted the exp to accelerate it, that doesn't change the fact it is still boring.
The other issue that many people don't realize is this server been alive for so long with no wipes and hence it is a heavily customized one you can imagine the overhead required to keep things running. Adding more customs would only make matters worse.
I hope this helps answering your question.

Offline Initiate

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 06:49:28 pm »
I mean this is a private server, therefore things should be a bit easier for us to obtain comparing with officials. but it is not the case. if you compare. it is not a bit easier but sooo much more easier

1. chroma, i am farming 24hrs with 3 account, and none of my char is lvl 81 yet. i have 245 fates blood orb in one char.
you doing it wrong to max ur chroma to 81. easier to make gold then buy chroma to max it. so much faster by a lot. or make alts do HL for ez chroma stacks

2. lets say i want to spend the money for chroma, i dont have the option. Pay to win can ruin the game, but look, what you have in shop is some what useless.
u do have the option. donate. get the jaden. join ally where u can exchange jaden for chroma. done

3. if you want to make pvp alive, cancel those hard instance, y? people just not here to farm, some are but like the previous reply, old players have too much advantage over new players, what i mean by too much is just not the time component, some instance requires multiple people which requires you to be on the game in specify time is disgusting.
hard instance? which instance are you talking about? also, its and MMO be social or go play Solitaire

4. you don't need to nerf anyone, just buff the others. it is a fact that not having instant recovery potion is a huge advantage for seira and hydran, they just melt you down in seconds because you just simply not able to heal up. i have them as alts so I kinda know how brain-dead these two classes are.
each factions have their strenghts and weaknesses. last I check no etherkins can sleep like a skysong or no etherkins can freeze like a vim.

5. Staffs are simply not listening
Staff do listen. want to prove it to yourself? do something that will get you ban.

Offline Initiate

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 06:57:27 pm »
as I see it there is 2 main reason ppl are less active in game

1st: unactive staff, no weekly events, no GS that help daily with stuff and questions, and last update was before Christmas.
this is basically a rant asking for free shit. do ur own events. if you build it they will come

2nd: is pvp, the pvp event system is awesome but there is a massive difference between old players to new, old players can build a ton in a few days and make it over power and control pvp, this is very frustrating, just think of someone building a toon for 4 months and getting "bully" by a 2 day faction.
there is not much u can do about it, but maybe make a event for the non OP ppl.
a lot of ppl rage quit cuz of seira/hydran, I don't talk about that, cuz u can counter them, need to work hard, really hard for that, but possible.
4 months=max toon. if not, you doing it wrong. making a 160asc only takes like under 4hrs. maximize ur time online and what ur 3 toons do to gather resources to build up ur main

Also there are items in game that are hard to get, almost impossible due to fact u need more active ppl, such as Buddha's Relic and other Necky, maybe add different ways to get it, like a boss in Elysium that drop it like GoR but not him.
need more active people? how many players have you conned into playing in MD. Ask not what MD can do for you but what you can do for MD ;)

One last thing, the game has lost some great factions, since u need seira/hydran for milky, a lot went to that, and faction like Balo, Celan, Kytos are rare. Even in pvp there is like 2 lupin players 1 modo and rest are seira/hyd.
u dont need seira/hydran to complete full run of milky. as long as you got at least 3 dagos vims and the rest max dps(non seira/hydran) it's a sure win

Offline sloth1o1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 09:20:05 pm »
Its dead coz hydran/seira class forced people to quit, which is understandable.

Offline Initiate

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 12:13:35 am »
is not dead. there still about 100ish monkeys that play 24/7 logged in.

Offline Tcholok

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dynasty
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 08:12:47 pm »
These are valid complaints. We've definitely dropped the ball, and have other priorities right now. I hardly have any time for this anymore and it's a particularly busy time for me lately.

That said, we are still working on a big patch that addresses at least some of your concerns. We've also been discussing ideas for extensions to the event system that address requests many of you have made. For example, we're considering events that would be race-specific or exclude Etherkins, as well as events that would have gear / level / asc limits to provide more variety and competition for non-OG players. I'm not sure when any of this will be ready, but we haven't completely abandoned you all.

This hardly makes enough money to support the costs of it now, and certainly not enough for us to be working on this for the money. We do it out of a love of the game and for the community that has stuck with us this long. Consider this primarily a volunteer venture on our parts and try to be patient as best you can.

Offline sloth1o1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2020, 04:10:47 pm »
This is the reason why the game is more dead this year.

Offline Coffeetimx

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2020, 11:49:50 am »
I agree with this matter discussed this time.

Offline Initiate

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2020, 05:08:48 am »
game is not dead. there are still many of us playing this game in spirit. see you in game when Patch 75 comes out.  8)

Server Time
  • :
  • :
button_jm_head.pngFeatures & Guide    
Upcoming Events
Doom Bog FFA [r9]
Billows FFA [r9]
Billows FFA [r9]
Kunlun FFA [r9]
Doom Bog FFA [r9]
Trick or Treat Raffle
starts
Staff Online
1 Admin now in game!
Perryl
1 Game Sage now in game!
LaDyAnGi
Instant Discord Chat

Don't want to setup the Discord app on your computer? No problem! You can use our embedded discord chat instead.

Web Discord Chat   
Facebook