May 25, 2020, 09:06:08 am

Poll

Do you think hydran/seira requires an additional nerf, since they are clearly overpowering other factions.

Yes
11 (31.4%)
No
15 (42.9%)
Yes, but not nerfed to the ground.
4 (11.4%)
No, Because apparently they have already been "Nerfed"
2 (5.7%)
Yes, but include nerf with new patch
3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: May 20, 2020, 08:01:54 pm

Topic: SEIRA/HYDRAN NERF  (Read 367 times)

Offline sloth1o1

• View Profile
SEIRA/HYDRAN NERF
« on: April 30, 2020, 08:01:54 pm »
Good day,

I truly think that the majority will agree on an additional nerf to Seira/Hydran, as they are clearly, by far the most dominant in PvP, with minimal counter. Yes, there are some factions that may stand a slight chance in killing these factions, but lets be honest here, are you not fed up fighting an faction with 24/7 raja, which hits 1mil plus damage in less than a blink of an eye and is barely un-catchable. Every faction can be played to be considered as "OP", but these two factions are next level. The older factions are pretty outdated when compared to hydran/seira, and a lot of people have been giving up since they are not motivated to do an faction change to Seira/Hydran just to stand an chance at pvp. Do not get me wrong, E.g Lupin/Mage/Modo is "OP" when played in the right hands, but Hydran/Seira requires no skill and yet they can easily dominate pvp with minimum effort, voida is also very strong and delivers OP DPS, but I have to hand it to voida players, it takes more than 1 click to take 1st place in PvP event. I only think an "Decent" and "Reasonable" will turn things around and a lot more people will be motivated to play and participate in pvp.

Thank you for voting
Regards
Worried Monkey

Offline vishnu1987

• View Profile
Re: SEIRA/HYDRAN NERF
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 07:23:19 am »
Please don't nerf them...if it happens then we cant be able to pass few instances like milky and bosses

Offline sloth1o1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 10:48:50 pm »
They can slightly nerf the max hp of milky boss’s then..But an nerf towards the Hydran/Seira is neccessary..Its nice to pvp with them, but not against them, so obviously its then easy to say not to nerf.

Offline lazymunkay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 07:12:32 pm »
I think interfering with a character's skills is just wrong. Some characters are OP without effort, some are not. There are still new characters like Gevrin and Musa that maybe released. Nerfing everyone OP is just spoiling the essence of the game. There is no equality in the real world, why should there be in a fantasy universe?

Offline Tcholok

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dynasty
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 07:41:11 pm »
There is no equality in the real world, why should there be in a fantasy universe?

I can certainly think of reasons why there should be balance in games if possible, e.g. so PvP is more interesting and there's a greater diversity in characters. Do you have an argument for why things should remain imbalanced (if they truly are) other than "this is the way it is" or "this is what the real world is like"? There's also no magic in the real world but that doesn't mean we should remove mages from MD, right?

I'm open to hearing arguments from both sides but your reasoning doesn't make sense to me. If you're going to argue a position, give some actual reasons.

Offline ~PaleLion-

• MD/JD Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 03:42:14 am »
 ??? I think we need to rebalance most classes more! like celan, barely do anything (including most human factions) they have to be tweaked for sure, i mean they havent been changed in 7+ years and game has evolved and we all know we wont be getting official back so why dont we make the game more even for all classes. I think hydrans are needed how they are for instances 100% and in pvp they do die.... its just other factions not just lack dm but debuffs/bleed strength like modos/felk rayans cant kill hydrans because the bleed doesnt do shit. We should if anything buff affinities skills of lesser played characters and feature them in a video/forum post instead of nerfing ONLY 2 classes who can run endgame stuff. I can voice my opinions on dif forums for other classes but this is just my opinion.  :-X

Offline Brutas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 03:08:59 pm »
Lool Nerf Hyd and Siera, I wonder how u will be able to complete instances. That are made for said classes.
as for balance you just need to know how to make a toon to beat the new classes.
on the pvp front we have toons like forta psy kytos these 3 played right u own any hyd or siera.
and just so u know this patch we have currently is the patch where hyd is NERFED, i think so is siera so i u complain about this now u fked on gavin, which is another op class.
I advise yall go farm and make your toons op or pick specific toons that counter hyd and siera

Offline sloth1o1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 11:19:34 pm »
So now you need to start an new character and aff just to beat hydran/seira? Btw, the freeze on espers helps more than seira/hydran, they no more needed lol

Offline lazymunkay

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 08:46:42 am »
I can certainly think of reasons why there should be balance in games if possible, e.g. so PvP is more interesting and there's a greater diversity in characters.

Diversity comes from inequality and uniqueness. If every character is made to be equal, the diversity vanishes. Each person is different and has a different thing to offer, isn't it? That's what makes each of us special, not weak. We all have our strengths and weaknesses.

Do you have an argument for why things should remain imbalanced (if they truly are) other than "this is the way it is" or "this is what the real world is like"?

I think the game is balanced as it is. The makers have introduced patches to expand the game over many years as the Zhu xian novel has progressed. If MD wants to restructure the game, you surely can but having witnessed new patches since the introduction of Athans, this outrage of newer factions being OP has somewhat lost its novelty. The patches have brought changes to every character. and, as pointed out by another user, OP is nothing but good gameplay. Any character can be OP.

There's also no magic in the real world but that doesn't mean we should remove mages from MD, right?

It's not just Mages. Every character is magical here. Harry Potter universe is magical, Middle-Earth from The Lord of The Rings is magical, Alagaesia from Eragon is magical, Earthsea by Ursula Le Guin is magical, Westeros from Game of Thrones is magical...every fantasy work is magical but the philosophy that fuels these universes is not magic, it is plain and simple human. Truth, Lies, Good, Evil, Cruelty, Kindness, these are the same in the real world as it is in fiction, and where do you find equality? Please don't confuse a fictional element with philosophy. Equality is utopic, it can never be achieved but equivalence is always there. A mage cannot give good dps but can certainly do crowd control.

I didn't wish to offend anyone. I hope this post makes my meaning clear. And, also, One reason I have loved MD is because the characters haven't been interfered with. the game is moderately easy but one needs to put in effort nonetheless. If the characters are nerfed, in my opinion, it spoils the charm of the game.

Offline mynamebilla(Spivak)

• Spivak
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 02:21:32 pm »
If nerf , others cant make instances on their own they need Hy/Seira for Bossing and other instances if u do the result will be worse . just think about this.
Spivak

Offline proffessorx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2020, 12:09:16 am »
ok let me say something about nerfs or about game..this game has no defense.def stat never works fine.game has no damage reduction ,critnull not working well.i tryed 170+ null and still die in pvp.

new chars not too strong,old chars weak.if u will do something fair just try to give people a real tank char.i played celan 10+ years both official and MD also.Moon in Mirror skill says %85+ damage reduction (and more with last skill books) and reflect also..reflect ok works fine but damage reduction no not working.a Tiger or Shadow can pass damage reduction easy and baaam u died ^^

only thing to save char critshield or skill eva yea skill eva..people have 350 skill acc maybe now.good luck with skill eva.critshield ? everyone have superior critbonus these days.forget it too.

so,at the end of day ,nerfing chars will not solve problems..but nerf hyrdan ^^ so people will be upset because they worked hard for it.
make new patch and give them new char more powerfull everyone will forget hydrans seiras,they will create new char i m %100 sure. this will going on like this. this is MD how it works

Server Time
  • :
  • :
button_jm_head.pngFeatures & Guide    
Upcoming Events
Billows FFA [r9]
Billows FFA [r9]
Kunlun FFA [r9]
Doom Bog FFA [r9]
Staff Online
1 Admin now in game!
Perryl
Instant Discord Chat

Don't want to setup the Discord app on your computer? No problem! You can use our embedded discord chat instead.

Web Discord Chat   
Facebook