August 25, 2019, 04:33:58 am

Poll

How do you like the PvP Event System so far?

Great!
25 (24%)
Pretty good, but needs some changes [comment]
27 (26%)
It sucks!
4 (3.8%)
Haven't tried it yet / no opinion
48 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Voting closed: March 05, 2019, 02:39:19 am

Topic: PvP Event System  (Read 3102 times)

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Remember to vote for us.
    • View Profile
Re: PvP Event System
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 11:51:25 pm »
Your 2nd paragraph, 1st suggestion, assumes that Chroma could ever be a fair limiting factor. At this point, there is too much variation to character build to give any one limiting factor and expect it to actually be fair.

Your 2nd suggestion is a pretty good idea, but don't expect it anytime soon. Like you said, it would take a fair amount of work and, well, capitalism doesn't allow me to spend more time than I do on this server. Also, stats would be the stats of a rich person vs the stats of a poor person, not sure that works out to as fair as you think it does. And what do they buy their gear with?

Oh, and, finally, nobody is being banned for feeding/exploiting just because they die too much. This is such a ridiculous assumption.

And this post consumed an hour of my time because I wrote up 5 different posts at about this length saying similar things. Even this one I want to delete.

This is why I don't spend much time on forums, because then I spend all my time on forums and have no time for development.

Which would you prefer I do?

Well you seriously need to have a dedicated person to manage and reply to posts on the forum.

Anyway, back on topic; I originally wrote a long and lengthy block of text suggesting a universal power stat that would be calculated on each character depending on their other individual stats/gears/items, but it was too long so i will shorten it:
calculate a universal power score on each character; i.e. 1 attack = 1 pts, +11 gear = 100, +12 = 250, etc, etc... and add pvp bands for these (<1000 group, 1000-1999 group, >2000 group, etc) or allow participation from other bands but punish/reward them for being stronger/weaker than current band. But it would probably take equally as long to formulate a conversion rate that is balanced and fair for all factions, etc than compared to just outright building a new pvp server where people can join and buy gears/stats for them to pvp in that event - and potentially kill the server due to lack of donations (trust me, servers that did this kind of thing died veeery quickly, despite being ranked number 1 and had the most players).

Also, you implied that feeding is not bannable, so what is there stopping me from going out there, setting an astrolabe port just infront of the pvp zone where everyone is at, and throwing in a lvl1 pleb there and get the death score which is enough to buy a lot of stuff; also, unistar apparently counts towards kills AND deaths as well so you could bring a lvl 1 asc arden and unistar spam to get free score.

Also, on a side note and just for teh lolz, the game does have a built in web browser that you can open in the client, so... have you ever thought of forcing people to watch an ad or some other random shit as a 'sign up' fee for something? maybe a pvp event? lmao imagine the free un-adblock-able ad revenue from all the people going to pvp. This would keep the participation 'free' and if it was a battle ground based instance pvp, then it wouldnt hurt anyone since they have to wait for the instance to open first anyway so might as well watch something; you could just disable the esc key input while the window was open and close it in x seconds or have some other trigger, and just make sure the border of the window is >client resolution so they cant drag the window out of the way

We don't need to hire someone and pay them to respond to this nonsense. I don't understand where some of these ideas come from. Stop making suggestions that cost money unless you're going to pay for them.

Don't try and read between the lines. I'm not trying to trick you here.

Feeding is bannable. I simply said nobody is being banned for feeding/exploiting just because they "die too much". The rankings are public, anybody can report someone exploiting the event. It's like anything in the game, there will be people that exploit it, and when it happens they will be banned. You implied someone had to worry about being banned because they couldn't get a kill. That's massively oversimplifying it. It's an issue that cannot be solved without negatively affecting basically every aspect of the server.

Suicide kills counting was fixed... What's stopping you? What's stopping you from paying someone to respond to the stupidity you spew all over the forums? Go do it, see what happens. You suggested legit players had to worry about being banned for feeding, now you're suggesting that exploiters don't have to worry about being banned. Use your brain.

Yeah, cause people want to watch ads before PvP. While I'm at it, let's make it pop up in between each death too. People would love it.

Submit a ticket at www.monkeydynasty.org/support for help.
Account trading is prohibited.
You may not vote on more than one account in a 12 hour period.

Offline LuXueqi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2019, 07:44:24 am »
Noice. If it was such a pain and waste of time then why even bother replying?
And im just giving suggestions since you apparently have no ideas yourself and cant make a working/balanced event system yourself; especially when this sort of pvp system already existed before you added it - sounds similar to good ol' apple 'innovation' doesnt it.

Offline lnitiate

• How may I help you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 12:31:19 pm »
NOTE: this post is written without reading previous post. So I may be writing something already mentioned.

Just completed pvp event and here are the results.

Observation: After 15 seeds with no kills I stopped getting seeds. Players who continued to kill me still gain seeds. This results in possible exploits.
Recommendation: No seeds for any player who kills a player who not have a seed from a kill.
-----------------------------------------
Observation: Rewards are transferable.
Recommendation: non-transferable items from event. Also, remove the jaden rewards.

-----------------------------------------
Observation: Not many players participate. I think this is due to fact that they dont like to come to event to always die and not get a kill.

Recommendation 1: Participants stats are set to a default 160asc with max faction skills ONLY. The following are by default disabled >>No gears, no affinity, no chroma, no mystic tome, no cards, etc...Is programming this possible? unlikely. 

Recommendation 2: Participants gain access to max all (gear, faction skills, affinity, chroma, mystic tome, star soul stats, cards, etc..) that players can customize prior to start of event). Is programming this possible? unlikely. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 12:36:53 pm by lnitiate »
Copy and Paste the code below when you create our first character.

This will notify me in game you are online and require assistance.

FREE powerleveling from LV1 to MAX (must have Astrolabe)

0030036X030005008006503Z8d21f3

Offline lnitiate

• How may I help you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2019, 04:55:26 pm »
Clarify meaning of:

do not play more than one character at a time

with that rule, what is allowed and what is not allowed? think possible what if scenerios.

Copy and Paste the code below when you create our first character.

This will notify me in game you are online and require assistance.

FREE powerleveling from LV1 to MAX (must have Astrolabe)

0030036X030005008006503Z8d21f3

Server Time
  • :
  • :
button_jm_head.pngFeatures & Guide    
Upcoming Events
Billows FFA [r9]
Doom Bog FFA [r9]
Kunlun FFA [r9]
Doom Bog FFA [r9]
Ultimate Raffle
starts
Staff Online
1 Admin now in game!
Tcholok
Instant Discord Chat

Don't want to setup the Discord app on your computer? No problem! You can use our embedded discord chat instead.

Web Discord Chat   
Facebook