September 20, 2020, 09:46:04 pm

Poll

Felkin War: Mage vs Modo - Which one is more deadly ?

Felkin Mage
20 (64.5%)
Felkin Modo
11 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Topic: Felkin War: Mage vs Modo  (Read 7467 times)

Offline mrmodo

• View Profile
Felkin War: Mage vs Modo
« on: November 07, 2014, 05:55:35 am »
The reason why I made this poll is I have 1 Mage (Felkin now) and 1 Modo(Dagos now) full Gaian +11 and full Seals. I use them to grind atm.
I decided to choose one of them as my main (go Felkin because I love bleedind/burning/DoT). But not sure which one because I don't have any experience about this game. And Regenesis is coming which has a lot of skill changes.

Mage:
- Burning
- Buff + Raja + Buff Array
- Stun
- Debuff Removal (not sure)
- Chain
- Will be nerfed a little bit in Regenesis but still strong

Modo:
- Bleeding
- Debuff + Shield + Curse Array
- Fast
- Immune to sleep and stun effect
- Damage buffs
- Can spam Kangba in Regenesis (New tome which reduce normal Kangba cooldown)
- Can use all buffs in Modon form
- New Nimbus Shield which absorb White Dmg also (not sure about this, read in JD Offcial forum)

Which one is more deadly and more useful in PvP/Mass PK/War ?  ESPECIALLY IN REGENESIS PATCH which is coming soon to Monkey Dynasty
Please give your opinion and explain.

THANK YOU !!!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 06:06:23 am by mrmodo »

Offline Deranox

• View Profile
Re: Felkin War: Mage vs Modo
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 07:30:55 am »
I can tell u from my personal experience the mage is boring in general at least it is for me its like i cant rlly play this class more than a few weeks then i quit it lmao
Felkin modo is awesome however u cant exepct to do much in this particular server bcuz
1.No batteries means ur shield is going to be close to useless
2.Too many voidas can pretty much kill u in a second since ur shield if goin to be down for like half a second from the lazer since no batts

So  my advice if u want to preform means get alot of kills n stuff go mage for sure like theres no point in comparing them but if u want to play something different something fun go felk modo

Offline PowerSlave

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 08:14:44 am »
Hello,

I have a maxed dagos mage and a maxed dagos modo.. so who's better?
Well, both are great factions, i use both at different types of pvp. unlike fuwa mage, i find my dagos mage less boring, i used to play felkin mage before...and i wish to see more felkin mages in this server, believe me felkin mage can work in this server if you know how to use it well.
as for the felkin modo, i personally think dagos suits for this server better than felkin, since you can get some skill eva. and as dera said, modo will die quickly from any voida. mages will chain+fs you as usual, but still with all that i find modo very fun to play.

Offline xxdronesxx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 11:39:24 am »
Nimble spirit on regen wont absorb white dmg o: Its just a little harder to debuff but sp drain still takes it off.

Offline mrmodo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 01:15:07 pm »
Nimble spirit on regen wont absorb white dmg o: Its just a little harder to debuff but sp drain still takes it off.

that's sad since the only shield of Modo can easily broke by any class that has SP drain...

Offline retzos4

• View Profile
    • Felkin Modo Videos
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 06:44:44 pm »
Felkin modo is awesome however u cant exepct to do much in this particular server bcuz
2.Too many voidas can pretty much kill u in a second since ur shield if goin to be down for like half a second from the lazer since no batts

If u allow me.
No batts allowed server works good with Felkin Modos.
No batts and enemies with like 250k++ max hp means that is close to imposible to tank seeker IF u cant remove it.
And dont forget, real Felkin Modos never attack at the 1st line. Then keep a distance from the target waiting for the right moment to attack. Like the snakes. Felkin modos who go ahead and try to tank like a boss are fail to me.

Well if u get SP drain or u out of sp, raja+run+repot your sp to max, buffed up and attack again. Thats a part of Felkin modo life.

Also to tell my opinion about Mage or Modo.
I play both too. Mage is a great faction. Good stats, high distance AOE, helpfull in pt and excellent grinders. Pretty easy to pvp with. Sometimes just Raja,buff,nanwu  Its enough.
But Felkin Modo are based on some other philosophy. Dirty playing style, fixing bleed,debuffs and SP based shield. That makes them more "skill needed" and more intresting faction to play with.

Offline Xhylo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 07:36:38 pm »
The reason why I made this poll is I have 1 Mage (Felkin now) and 1 Modo(Dagos now) full Gaian +11 and full Seals. I use them to grind atm.
I decided to choose one of them as my main (go Felkin because I love bleedind/burning/DoT). But not sure which one because I don't have any experience about this game. And Regenesis is coming which has a lot of skill changes.

Mage:
- Burning
- Buff + Raja + Buff Array
- Stun
- Debuff Removal (not sure)
- Chain
- Will be nerfed a little bit in Regenesis but still strong

Modo:
- Bleeding
- Debuff + Shield + Curse Array
- Fast
- Immune to sleep and stun effect
- Damage buffs
- Can spam Kangba in Regenesis (New tome which reduce normal Kangba cooldown)
- Can use all buffs in Modon form
- New Nimbus Shield which absorb White Dmg also (not sure about this, read in JD Offcial forum)

Which one is more deadly and more useful in PvP/Mass PK/War ?  ESPECIALLY IN REGENESIS PATCH which is coming soon to Monkey Dynasty
Please give your opinion and explain.

THANK YOU !!!

Depends on your play style. They both bring their uses and really depends on the force you're fighting. However, mage usually wins out in teamwork over modo (arrays, jadesun, etc.). Both pvp strategies are similar: hit and run, or kite and hit whatever you want to call it. The in-and-out kind, but with AoEs.

I really enjoy felkin mage, but it is a glass cannon. You have invincibilities out the wazoo, but off them you're fairly easy to drop by most factions. Fire Hell's burns are really nice if you have the stats to back them up—and ofc have the deceived+bleeding mixed charm. A BIG improvement in regen for mages, especially felkin is Flame Soul extra damage turning to 15% max spirit [17% on esper], other than based off caster's level multiplied by 'x' as it previously was (the 17% max sp will make the white dmg jump significantly); Makes FS useful especially when paired with FS2—used after FS2 ofc .

Offline mrmodo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 02:04:11 am »

If u allow me.
No batts allowed server works good with Felkin Modos.
No batts and enemies with like 250k++ max hp means that is close to imposible to tank seeker IF u cant remove it.
And dont forget, real Felkin Modos never attack at the 1st line. Then keep a distance from the target waiting for the right moment to attack. Like the snakes. Felkin modos who go ahead and try to tank like a boss are fail to me.

Well if u get SP drain or u out of sp, raja+run+repot your sp to max, buffed up and attack again. Thats a part of Felkin modo life.

Also to tell my opinion about Mage or Modo.
I play both too. Mage is a great faction. Good stats, high distance AOE, helpfull in pt and excellent grinders. Pretty easy to pvp with. Sometimes just Raja,buff,nanwu  Its enough.
But Felkin Modo are based on some other philosophy. Dirty playing style, fixing bleed,debuffs and SP based shield. That makes them more "skill needed" and more intresting faction to play with.

Thanks all

I remember your name, I've watched  your Felkin Modo on Youtube.

What is the raja skill of Modo ? Couldn't find it.
And what kind of stats that Felkin Modo should mainly focus on ? (RES/Skill Acc/Skill Eva)... I don't think Felkin Modo need Crit Dmg and Crit Rate so It will need Crit Shield and Crit Null for more tanky to land Seeker right ?

Or we still need crit to hit Kangba ?

Correct me if i'm wrong.
And I need a Felkin's Modo guide pls

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 02:35:00 am by mrmodo »

Offline retzos4

• View Profile
    • Felkin Modo Videos
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 01:32:28 pm »
Thanks all

I remember your name, I've watched  your Felkin Modo on Youtube.

What is the raja skill of Modo ? Couldn't find it.
And what kind of stats that Felkin Modo should mainly focus on ? (RES/Skill Acc/Skill Eva)... I don't think Felkin Modo need Crit Dmg and Crit Rate so It will need Crit Shield and Crit Null for more tanky to land Seeker right ?

Correct me if i'm wrong.
And I need a Felkin's Modo guide pls

Thanks

Thats Ghostly Domain (venoma tome skill) and its not a real raja. Its kinda a time-out skill, for few secs u avoid any damage or effect but u cant use any skill/buff, still u can use item buffs.
If u use GD wisely, like run+GD, u can escape from the fight and survive also u have enough time to pot and think about your next move.
At the next official update they will turn GD on a real bless effect with 90s cd but still no1 can be sure about that.
Other raja/bless effecst u can get comes from Velo and Tiger fashions.

Crit rate/bonus are useless on Modon form. Its good to have good critrate and bonus for your kangba but i suggest to focus on your main skills which are on Modon form.

Stats u need to focus are,
Max SP - For more chanse to survive with Nimble Spirit on
Skill Acc - Basicly Felkin is the main SA faction. U will need much skillacc if u want to fight against those full skill eva build rayans and jadeons.
Attack Power and Chroma Power - Seeker toxin land based on those. Remember, Skill Accuracy and Seeker Accuracy are 2 totaly different things for felkin modos. You can have enough SkillAcc so Skyseeker land but IF u dont have enough AP and CP in order to your enemie, the toxin will fail.
So focus on chroma lvl more than chroma skill upgrade. My chroma seeker is lv18 and its still my back up seeker.
Crit shild/null - Yes those are usefull too.
RES - Since ModonII gives a good amount of res, is a good chance u boost a lil more. Get the MAX RES u can from your esper. But no res rings, Not since u dont hit the max sa yet.
With those u will be ok.

Maybe ill make a Felkin Modo guide or a video with build+tips since there is non the last 2-3years

Offline Ecc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 12:45:31 am »
At the next official update they will turn GD on a real bless effect with 90s cd but still no1 can be sure about that.

This video posted recently from zx shows that it's true http://yuntv.letv.com/bcloud.html?uu=a04808d307&vu=32f72fe979&width=610&pu=&height=498

Should focus on Health, Skill Accuracy, Skill Evasion, Resistances, Critrate, Critbonus, Critnull, and Critshield.

Felkin doesn't need to focus heavily on critrate or critbonus, but there will be moments where you might wish you had something other than seeker & bleeds and awaiting an opening to hopefully kill, when you can just buff up and kill with kangba or doc2.

Resistances are important, mainly to defend against status locks, but it's also important for your 1 shot skill. After regensis, the Max HP reductions from contrary opinion and blood curse + vile karma will stack, making the 1 shot even more viable. So, you'll need the upgraded rings of ultimate truth (not as your main rings) and a 3 star libertide or celemirage trinket.

You can get 15,000+ Stun resistance if you build for it, which makes mages less annoying when they're casting nanwu and balos trying to stun lock you. Though, your stun immunities and resistance reductions are better for dealing with balos, since your paralyze and weaken resistances will be too low after using bloodcurdling curse to properly deal with competent ones.

Skill Accuracy, Attack Power, Chroma Power and the Erosive Sin skill helps with landing your normal seeker more. No matter what your critnull/critshield is, your surviving has more to do with keeping your distance and kiting than it does with tanking hits. You're not a tank and your nimble will empty your SP to zilch if you just stand there taking hits since it doesn't take to account your damage reduction, so you gotta keep moving.

Your chroma seeker shouldn't solely be considered a spare, it has its uses and it lands far more often than your normal seeker will. At 20/20 with the sea of blood tome and charmed it will deal more damage per tick, unless it's a high HP faction like vims, lupins, and tiger based ardens, and not to mention the nice bonus damage if the target doesn't remove it after its duration is over.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 08:03:00 pm by Ecc »

"To gain that which is worth having, it may be necessary to lose everything else."

Server Time
  • :
  • :
button_jm_head.pngFeatures & Guide    
Upcoming Events
Doom Bog FFA [r9]
Kunlun FFA [r9]
Doom Bog FFA [r9]
Billows FFA [r9]
Doom Bog FFA [r9]
Staff Online
1 Game Sage now in game!
HellScream
Instant Discord Chat

Don't want to setup the Discord app on your computer? No problem! You can use our embedded discord chat instead.

Web Discord Chat   
Facebook