September 20, 2020, 11:28:44 pm

Topic: Final message on appeals - changes to appeals.  (Read 4508 times)

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Remember to vote for us.
    • View Profile
Final message on appeals - changes to appeals.
« on: June 15, 2014, 12:06:29 pm »
Edit: This doesn't apply to people who have already submitted appeals and I'm waiting for more information from or are waiting for my response.

I'm tired of looking into people and just finding I missed accounts they exploited on, or finding more exploiters because of it.

From today on if you were caught exploiting your appeal is denied. The only way I'm going to look into an appeal is if you claim innocence, and I can see too much for you to lie to me. Innocent people will be unbanned, cheaters will not.

Less than 1 in 100 appeals results in a person being unbanned with no punishment, a person who is guilty of nothing that is. Some guilty people were unbanned with no punishment because I was doing appeals differently then. There is too many repeated cheaters and people who get unbanned and just cheat again.

Almost every person banned was guilty of exploiting votes. They might lie to you in ally chat, or clan chat, or on Skype, or in private, but if they got banned there is pretty well no chance they got banned by accident.

The few people who were banned by accident were banned because of accounts trading, sharing, selling, buying, whatever. That is a risk you have been warned about multiple times, and a risk you are choosing to take when trading accounts with someone.

Sometimes people think if you have an exception that means you are safe from being caught exploiting. This is not the case, we have other ways of telling if you are cheating or not.

Using TOR or a proxy to vote will likely result in a ban. Anyone voting from a 'confirmed proxy server' is likely going to vote on the same ip as someone who is exploiting. Whether you are or not you will be banned just for appearing on the proxy ip or tor exit node.

We're seeing a lot of negativity from people who are unhappy we are banning people because they believe those people are innocent. We use SQL to log all the information in the game. We log every action you make on the website, what ip you did it from, what password you used, and what email you had. This is also logged on every trade, banker trade, use of item, dropped item, banana shop purchase, etc. Every vote is also logged and also all information related to the account is logged.
If you do not understand SQL, databases, queries, etc, you shouldn't be questioning this. If you do, then you won't be questioning this.

There is no benefit for me to spend my time banning people and then researching their appeals. I would rather spend 100% of my time working on new content and improving the server. If anything I lose money and lose confidence by banning people, but I know what it's like to have your ass kicked in TW by someone who simply cheated to be where they are, and it sucks. I ban people for cheating so that people who are not cheating have a fair gaming experience. If you don't like that that's perfectly fine, you are welcome to play a server that doesn't care about cheaters and allows exploits to run rampant. That won't happen here.

Ask yourself something, with over 1000 bans in the last 2 weeks, why is there still an average of around 500 online? Like 1000 bans and our population only decreases by about 100? Obviously our bans are legit.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 03:44:46 am by Perryl »
Submit a ticket at www.monkeydynasty.org/support for help.
Account trading is prohibited.
You may not vote on more than one account in a 12 hour period.

Offline Manouek

• View Profile
Re: Final message on appeals - changes to appeals.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 01:31:36 pm »
You talked to me to skype about my appeal and I lied.
Can I have one more chance perryl?

Offline Law><

• The Honourable Deviant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 02:59:56 pm »
I traded an account for an account, the other guy exploited, I got banned. OK I understand that Perry, but is it even fair to say you won't Appeal people because of that? I gave you tips and ideas to ways in which I could prove my innocence but I guess you disregarded them. You simply bundled me into the batch of players you consider "lying cheaters". Why would I be 'worldchatting' to buy Jaden if I'm exploiting? Why would I even be buying kirin sigils? Don't you think some things just don't add up? I even offered you an incentive, and you disregarded that as well. With all the technology and programs you have you can't check to see the jaden that MY LEGIT accounts are receiving? smh.

Offline Delirium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 03:02:28 pm »
You talked to me to skype about my appeal and I lied.
Can I have one more chance perryl?

LMAO u serious?

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 03:29:14 pm »
I traded an account for an account, the other guy exploited, I got banned. OK I understand that Perry, but is it even fair to say you won't Appeal people because of that? I gave you tips and ideas to ways in which I could prove my innocence but I guess you disregarded them. You simply bundled me into the batch of players you consider "lying cheaters". Why would I be 'worldchatting' to buy Jaden if I'm exploiting? Why would I even be buying kirin sigils? Don't you think some things just don't add up? I even offered you an incentive, and you disregarded that as well. With all the technology and programs you have you can't check to see the jaden that MY LEGIT accounts are receiving? smh.

it says as of the post. Anyone who pm'd me before this post will still get an appeal.

Offline Jobs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 08:41:13 pm »
i got banned by by accident 41 days ago and u didnt unbanned yet  u just keep posting about appeals and leave innocent ppl banned

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 03:47:05 am »
i got banned by by accident 41 days ago and u didnt unbanned yet  u just keep posting about appeals and leave innocent ppl banned

You keep saying you're banned but have you even tried logging in? Last I can remember you were having trouble getting your client to work. That has nothing to do with bans.

Offline MissRinoa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 01:03:35 pm »
I don't see why people really need to exploit anyway, we have been waiting for our exception to go through and in that time, my son has not voted once and is still able to get to +11 gaian and has all he needs by buying jaden and getting the jaden for being online. Some people don't get that fact and are plain out greedy and need to cheat in order to be better then everyone else... I say you are doing an awesome job Perry, getting rid of the cheaters allows honest players to get along in what they need to do everyday to get stronger, the proper way :)

Offline tongvue

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 01:39:10 pm »
what is wrong with the Server??, my Internet connection is still good, but i can't log into the game, Did you ban me Perry ??, please, i didn't do anything that againt the rule

Offline nruasvwj

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 01:48:50 pm »
Perry is the game Updating??,  i worry about if i got ban plese inform me if the game updating ??

Offline Rothams

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 02:21:02 pm »
If you get BANNED for cheating why the fck should ADMIN give you  another chance, (Once a cheat always a cheat). Honest players get along fine without EXPLOITING. If you exploit you will get caught ( karma will fck you every time).

Offline Law><

• The Honourable Deviant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 03:30:54 pm »
I don't see why people really need to exploit anyway, we have been waiting for our exception to go through and in that time, my son has not voted once and is still able to get to +11 gaian and has all he needs by buying jaden and getting the jaden for being online. Some people don't get that fact and are plain out greedy and need to cheat in order to be better then everyone else... I say you are doing an awesome job Perry, getting rid of the cheaters allows honest players to get along in what they need to do everyday to get stronger, the proper way :)

Well you see, not everybody exploits, some people have bought or traded accounts that have been exploiting votes and get banned. So don't assume that people are cheating cause I know a couple of people who have traded/bought exploited accounts and are now banned because of it.

Offline Jobs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2014, 03:56:33 pm »
Okay once i can log in game ill see if i still banned or what.

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2014, 04:07:03 pm »

Well you see, not everybody exploits, some people have bought or traded accounts that have been exploiting votes and get banned. So don't assume that people are cheating cause I know a couple of people who have traded/bought exploited accounts and are now banned because of it.

There have been multiple posts in forums about this. We have made news posts several times that you ARE taking this EXACT risk when you trade/share accounts. We have been VERY clear about this.

If you are referring to the account they traded for you have to consider that if the account was exploited on, no matter by who, it obtained items from exploited funds. This means the character they bought was worth the money they paid for it only because of the theft of items via exploitation. This means that the person is in possession of stolen property. Therefore the account gets banned. Unfortunately this can get legitimate people tied up in the ban lists simply because they get grouped in with the exploiter. This is a risk they have been warned about and chose to take. I can't say it enough, account trading is AT YOUR OWN RISK. The other option is for me to make it totally bannable, but then people will just do it behind closed doors anyways.

Offline gallardo20

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2014, 04:09:25 pm »
What Happen to the game ???
why No Login ??
are there Update in Progress ?

Server Time
  • :
  • :
button_jm_head.pngFeatures & Guide    
Upcoming Events
Doom Bog FFA [r9]
Kunlun FFA [r9]
Doom Bog FFA [r9]
Billows FFA [r9]
Doom Bog FFA [r9]
Staff Online
1 Game Sage now in game!
HellScream
Instant Discord Chat

Don't want to setup the Discord app on your computer? No problem! You can use our embedded discord chat instead.

Web Discord Chat   
Facebook