Yes, thank you.
122 (74.8%)
No, this hurts the community too much.
22 (13.5%)
I honestly don't care either way.
19 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Voting closed: April 23, 2014, 10:18:32 am

Topic: The future of Monkey Dynasty  (Read 18133 times)

Offline Done

• DeadlyCode
    • View Profile
Re: The future of Monkey Dynasty
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 02:39:11 pm »
We have talked to many players and done quite a bit of research, including several voting polls that have had good turnout from our gaming community.
The results of these polls and this research have led us to a hard decision, but one we think this is the best way to make the most possible people happy:

We will be applying the Regenesis patch to Monkey Dynasty.

I know some of you read this and your hearts sank a little, but don't worry, we have a plan for those who are unable to play Regenesis.

What is going to happen is whenever the Regenesis patch is released on Monkey Dynasty, we will be 'forking' the server in to two different servers. This means that you will be able to play Monkey Dynasty with the Regenesis patch, or you will be able to continue playing Monkey Dynasty with another patch that is the very last patch before Regenesis, the Autumn patch from last year. Of course you are able to play both as well.

To clarify, this means your characters and accounts would stay the same on both servers, your log in info, current banana balance, current jaden balance, everything will be imported for the 'forking' of the server.
This also means any progress you make on the Sunstrider server will not count to the Regenesis server, and vice versa. From the point that we fork the server, the two resulting servers will continue onward independentally, with no sharing of character data, progress, bananas, etc. between servers. This will also involve separate websites for the Regenesis and Sunstrider servers to keep everything separate.

We believe this leaves the opportunity for all players to still play MD in one form or another.

After the move is done, there will be no more major patches for our Sunstrider server, but we will continue to develop on the server, add custom items, etc. The Sunstrider server will absolutely never receive the Regenesis patch. If you continue to work on your character on the Sunstrider server, it will not be transferable to the Regenesis server, you will have whatever you had when the copy was done. It will not be an option to copy again, but we may add some options to transfer items via the Banana shop in the near future.

Major development would continue on the Regenesis server, we would work towards obtaining ascension files for the new classes and towards building new customs. New customs that are released on the Regenesis server will be released on the Sunstrider server as long as they work there.

Anything we can get working on the Sunstrider server that comes from the Regenesis server will be added. We will continue to do faction and gear changes, and other related Banana shop purchases.

If you donate on one server it will not count to your current banana balance on both servers. Donating on Sunstrider will only effect your Sunstrider balance, and donated on Regenesis will only effect your Regenesis balance.

I think I've covered everything in this post, but if you have any further questions OTHER than "when" please post below.

I voted "No," not to the patch itself but as there are positives to "forking" the server, there will also be negatives. The server will be split into 2 which means some people will migrate whether they can or cannot play regenesis thus reducing community mass for both. Also wouldn't splitting it to another server will increase the monthly costs? and if people don't donate there or here, how will the servers be funded? I think I've heard one of you guys(admins) talk about how donations wasn't enough to fund the server or something? Idk if its just me or if im wrong but IMO i think splitting servers always has more cons than pros.

I know SOME people might have a harder time playing, but sadly you can't do everything for them and sacrifice the rest of the community by splitting it into 2, what they should do is upgrade their machines.

Offline Pistol

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2014, 03:02:34 pm »
I agree with Done and Foreplay, It has more cons than pros.

I think we should proceed with Regenesis, Loosing 30 players who can't actually play it, is better than loosing half of the community.

moreover you already have Jade Monkey low rates, you may keep that server alive with autumn patch, so those who can't "actually" run regenesis will go and play there. BESIDES JM is a dead community, this will encourage players to go there and get that server back alive.

I think, those with crappy PCs should go and get new PCs. This is a game. and in order to play you need a gaming PC. and nowadays, you can get some affordable gaming builds that suit your budget.

I'm a Prowler. I'm on the run, I kill to eat. I'm starving now, feeling dead on my feet. Going all the way, I'm nature's beast. Do what I want, I'll do as I please.

Offline MissRinoa

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2014, 05:12:59 pm »
This is a very good idea, keeps everyone happy no mater pc issues :) nicely done Perry,,, i am very happy with what will happen here :D

You are doing a great job :)

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Remember to vote for us.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2014, 05:13:12 pm »
I guess, thanks for telling me what i did and didnt do. So we keep character data on the regen server?

And you still didn't read the post.
Submit a ticket at www.monkeydynasty.org/support for help.
Account trading is prohibited.
You may not vote on more than one account in a 12 hour period.

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 05:14:52 pm »
This idea in a way, is good for those who "cannot" play regenesis patch... but let's be honest from the pool that was made earlier i bet all those who voted "no" did it for diferent reasons rather than them not being able to handle regenesis... So in the end im feeling Sunstrider will go nowhere but just loose all the people and also splitting up the community. It's the same thing that happened back when private servers could finally get the  athan files if you people remember... There were people who wanted to stay just with the human classes and those who wanted to play the new patch and in less than a month everyone left the "human" server to go on the new content.
Same thing will happen here most likely.. you will see all those who "can't play regenesis" be all over there even if their computer will shit lava.
Just adding that regenesis patch on here would of been a better move, i know some wont be able to handle it but this is it.. people comes people goes.. you loose 10 you gain 100 and so on because surely 90% of the people would want regenesis.

I may be seeing things wrong at the end of the day but right now doing all this is just a total waste of time for you and for us because everyone wants new contents no matter what, sunstrider pretty much wont get anything at all at one point. So when that happens + the lack of people that's when it's pretty much going to turn into JM in around 1 month from the regenesis opening and all those will just slowly move to regenesis even if they wont even be able to move their char lol.

aaaniway im done.

Based on your comment you either didn't read what I wrote or you didn't understand it.

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2014, 05:19:02 pm »
no perryl ofc some people know they cant run it due to thier pc but im saying for the others who just dont like regen...idk WHY your even trying to make it a big deal JUST you watch when the numbers of ppl on regen server outnumber the ppl on sunstrider you will have to turn off one. you act like people cant afford better graphics card to play regen.

Some people can't afford it. I'm not sure why it would matter if more people are on the Regen server than the Sunstrider server. I'm pretty sure more people voted for the Regen server, so ofc more will be on it. The server that continues getting updates is the Regenesis one, if people want to stay with Sunstrider they can, they aren't obligated to play either server, but they can play both, and both will have the exact same database, so what's the problem?

The majority want the patch, the large minority that doesn't want the patch may have different reasons. My only concern is people not being able to play the patch, not wanting the patch just because you think Sunstream is ugly.. or some other random reason... I mean, c'mon, we'd never have had any patch if we went by that.

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2014, 05:27:04 pm »
I voted "No," not to the patch itself but as there are positives to "forking" the server, there will also be negatives. The server will be split into 2 which means some people will migrate whether they can or cannot play regenesis thus reducing community mass for both. Also wouldn't splitting it to another server will increase the monthly costs? and if people don't donate there or here, how will the servers be funded? I think I've heard one of you guys(admins) talk about how donations wasn't enough to fund the server or something? Idk if its just me or if im wrong but IMO i think splitting servers always has more cons than pros.

I know SOME people might have a harder time playing, but sadly you can't do everything for them and sacrifice the rest of the community by splitting it into 2, what they should do is upgrade their machines.

Yes, absolutely it will cost us more money to do this. Hopefully enough people will play both for both to be good servers.

I would expect more people to want to move with the patches as they come out, but those who absolutely can't play a patch should have no server ran by us to play? Why? How does it effect you if people who cannot play the Regenesis server choose to stay and play the Sunstrider server? Everybody has the same choice, play one, the other, or both. The Sunstrider server is simply a server being built with the same database so those who actually can't play Regenesis have a server to play.

I don't care if the population drops to 40 people online, I do care about just turning our backs on anyone who cannot afford a better pc.

I commented before about the loss of community, and yet nobody has addressed that comment. Out of the 4 options we had, which seems the best? Do you not realize that the loss of players would still happen if we just updated without giving those people something to play? We'd just be screwing them and essentially saying they had to go get better pcs to play the game they were playing just fine yesterday. That doesn't seem right to me.

Do you think if we didn't update at all people wouldn't just leave? No matter what decision we made the community was going to lose people. 35% of the server didn't even want it patched, we've put together a way to give the other 65% a patch they do want and still keep that other 35% with the server they wanted. I fail to see how this is a bad thing.

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2014, 05:31:45 pm »
I agree with Done and Foreplay, It has more cons than pros.

I think we should proceed with Regenesis, Loosing 30 players who can't actually play it, is better than loosing half of the community.

moreover you already have Jade Monkey low rates, you may keep that server alive with autumn patch, so those who can't "actually" run regenesis will go and play there. BESIDES JM is a dead community, this will encourage players to go there and get that server back alive.

I think, those with crappy PCs should go and get new PCs. This is a game. and in order to play you need a gaming PC. and nowadays, you can get some affordable gaming builds that suit your budget.

Based on the polls there was many more than 30 who were going to be unable to play it, and there are many who just don't want to play it. I also don't understand how you lose half of the community when 35% was the number who voted for no patch, also considering that you guys are claiming many of those people could play the patch, you don't think they'll go with the majority? I'm a little confused how you come up with this logic.

We are proceeding with Regenesis, you guys did read the post right?

JM is not part of this discussion.

Saying people have to buy a PC to play this game just because of a patch is just plain selfish. They don't deserve to have fun with the game because they can't afford a new PC? I can't afford a new PC either.

Offline Done

• DeadlyCode
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2014, 06:51:33 pm »

Yes, absolutely it will cost us more money to do this. Hopefully enough people will play both for both to be good servers.

I would expect more people to want to move with the patches as they come out, but those who absolutely can't play a patch should have no server ran by us to play? Why? How does it effect you if people who cannot play the Regenesis server choose to stay and play the Sunstrider server? Everybody has the same choice, play one, the other, or both. The Sunstrider server is simply a server being built with the same database so those who actually can't play Regenesis have a server to play.

I don't care if the population drops to 40 people online, I do care about just turning our backs on anyone who cannot afford a better pc.

I commented before about the loss of community, and yet nobody has addressed that comment. Out of the 4 options we had, which seems the best? Do you not realize that the loss of players would still happen if we just updated without giving those people something to play? We'd just be screwing them and essentially saying they had to go get better pcs to play the game they were playing just fine yesterday. That doesn't seem right to me.

Do you think if we didn't update at all people wouldn't just leave? No matter what decision we made the community was going to lose people. 35% of the server didn't even want it patched, we've put together a way to give the other 65% a patch they do want and still keep that other 35% with the server they wanted. I fail to see how this is a bad thing.

You'd lose people both ways but one way less than the other, out of the whole community if 40 people cant play regenesis you'd lose that much. But adding another server, you'd lose the 40 that can't handle regenesis + their followers/friends and those who'd prefer the game prior to regenesis but what will happen when further updates come along? I'd doubt you'd be able to jump over regenesis to implement whatever update comes next and knowing the game as well as others and I do, people want more and more updates? what will happen when they get bored of the "no regenesis update?" Yes you can add custom additions, but it won't suffice, it will just create more work and costs for you and Pete and at the end of the day it might fail. Don't take it as a critic rather advice, but if it is already hard keeping up 1 server economically-wise how will you keep up the planned "low rate server" and of top of that a separate partition of MD?

You may see a bunch of votes saying YES YES and even I want the patch, but adding a separate server will bring no good to the majority of the community, most just vote YES because THEY want the patch regardless of what you do in order to get it, but if you're planning to run the server successfully for a while then IMO I don't see how adding another partition of MD will make that any easier.   
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 06:54:41 pm by Done »

Offline missyuna32

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2014, 07:04:17 pm »
Thx Alot Perry Love The Idea Hope It Works out. Keep Up The Great Work

Offline XalphfX

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2014, 07:20:54 pm »
no perryl ofc some people know they cant run it due to thier pc but im saying for the others who just dont like regen...idk WHY your even trying to make it a big deal JUST you watch when the numbers of ppl on regen server outnumber the ppl on sunstrider you will have to turn off one. you act like people cant afford better graphics card to play regen.
Actually you might be surprised at how many of us CAN'T afford a new graphics card.

Offline giomondor

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2014, 07:56:57 pm »
1 word awesome really wanna try the new classes ^^

thnx alot

Offline abbibbulo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2014, 08:09:17 pm »
it's not likely all the game's graphics gonna change, just sunstream.
i really don't understand how you CAN'T still run it, it's the same game, just a different map. now, i may understand you lag a bit more, but c'est la vie. i don't see my self Complaining to Crytek cause i can't fully play crysis 3 with out a brick of lag.
plus look, it won't do any good in my humble opinion. as it was stated, server will need more founds to afford running the two server. i don't see how making another server will be affordable when 1/3 of the community doesn't even have the money to get a new gpu card.
i don't wanna be mean, but that's how i think this is.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:13:48 pm by abbibbulo »

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2014, 08:36:27 pm »
You'd lose people both ways but one way less than the other, out of the whole community if 40 people cant play regenesis you'd lose that much. But adding another server, you'd lose the 40 that can't handle regenesis + their followers/friends and those who'd prefer the game prior to regenesis but what will happen when further updates come along? I'd doubt you'd be able to jump over regenesis to implement whatever update comes next and knowing the game as well as others and I do, people want more and more updates? what will happen when they get bored of the "no regenesis update?" Yes you can add custom additions, but it won't suffice, it will just create more work and costs for you and Pete and at the end of the day it might fail. Don't take it as a critic rather advice, but if it is already hard keeping up 1 server economically-wise how will you keep up the planned "low rate server" and of top of that a separate partition of MD?

You may see a bunch of votes saying YES YES and even I want the patch, but adding a separate server will bring no good to the majority of the community, most just vote YES because THEY want the patch regardless of what you do in order to get it, but if you're planning to run the server successfully for a while then IMO I don't see how adding another partition of MD will make that any easier.   

More than 40 chose the option of Regenesis being too op for their comp.

If you read the post you would know anyone continuing on the Sunstrider server is continuing with that content FOREVER.

When they get 'bored of no Regenesis' they can go play Regenesis.

More and costs may be a fact, and I appreciate your concern. We definitely weighed the ricks, and it seems to be better to look out for the whole community, not just those that can afford brand new pcs.

I never said there was a problem paying the server bills. The server bills get paid. It's us that tend to not make as much money as we should for the effort we put in. That is not our main concern, giving people a fun server to play is our main concern. Those who cannot play Regenesis deserve to be recognized by us too.

I don't see how it effects the Regenesis server to have a Sunstrider server, That's like saying the existence of any other server should effect if we patch or not. Doesn't seem right to me. I didn't see this much concern about our efforts and income when we tossed around the idea of open FW and PW servers. Why now? Seems to me it is no different than opening another server, except people have their chars.

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2014, 08:37:23 pm »
it's not likely all the game's graphics gonna change, just sunstream.
i really don't understand how you CAN'T still run it, it's the same game, just a different map. now, i may understand you lag a bit more, but c'est la vie. i don't see my self Complaining to Crytek cause i can't fully play crysis 3 with out a brick of lag.
plus look, it won't do any good in my humble opinion. as it was stated, server will need more founds to afford running the two server. i don't see how making another server will be affordable when 1/3 of the community doesn't even have the money to get a new gpu card.
i don't wanna be mean, but that's how i think this is.

There is the whole factor of a whole new graphics engine.... kind of changes the graphics for the entire game, so, you're very wrong with your statement.

Server Time
  • :
  • :
button_jm_head.pngFeatures & Guide    
Upcoming Events
Doom Bog FFA [r9]
Kunlun FFA [r9]
Doom Bog FFA [r9]
Billows FFA [r9]
Doom Bog FFA [r9]
Staff Online
1 Game Sage now in game!
HellScream
Instant Discord Chat

Don't want to setup the Discord app on your computer? No problem! You can use our embedded discord chat instead.

Web Discord Chat   
Facebook