- Question: Why is it updating/verifying files slowly?
- Make sure to deactivate Realtime Protection in your OS, that significantly slows down the update as it checks every file (there's over 250k files or something).
- Question: I'm running Windows 10 and it's not compatible.
Windows 10 is quite tricky. You might get an error message saying that the Windows OS isn't compatible with the game. It might be due to running a 32-bit OS, in that case make sure to download the game through torrent. Another option is to go into Settings, Updates and Security, click the option For Developers and check Dev Mode.
If all else fails, try connecting with players in the Support channel on Discord to see if they know the answers. If not, message Tcholok, he's our resident tech guy.
- Question: What is Server Network Error?
Server network error is server-side, unfortunately. It simply indicates that something is wrong. There's nothing you can do here except wait for our admins to figure out the cause and reboot the system.
- Question: Why is the game flagged as a virus?
This is caused by an Antivirus program you have installed. Antiviruses have a habit of detecting any .exe file that's cracked, patched, or been used with a Keygen as malware. You have to add the patcher and execution file to the exception list. Or you have to turn off the Tamper Protection within the program. Make sure to turn off your Firewall as well, that could act up during the download or launching process.
The same thing will happen if you have Malwarebytes installed on your PC. This will in turn allow you to run the game, but it will show as a black screen and disappear.
- Question: Running Windows 8 and having issues.
- There's an easy way to make Monkey Dynasty work under Windows 8.
If this works for you and continues to work without crashing, right-click on it and check the box that says "always run in xp mode".
- Right-click your launcher and go to Properties, pick "open file location".
- Go to element folder, scroll down until you see monkeydynasty.exe.
- Make a shortcut and drag it to your desktop.
- Rename that shortcut to Non Launcher (Only run the launcher when you know you need to update).
- Right-click on the icon of "non launcher" and go to Properties again.
- Go to compatibility and run compatibility troubleshooter.
- Try recommended settings.
- Test the game.
- Question: Launcher repeatedly updates files.
- Means your connection to the launcher is being disrupted and it disables a complete download of the needed file.Follow these steps to ensure a working download:
- Delete the files that the launcher has been downloading in your game folder every time. For example, if the launcher has been having connection issues with trees.pck, delete it (or 'them' if you have more than one).
- Download that file manually via the torrent file on Download Methods.
- Put the manually downloaded file into your game folder (wherever it belongs).
- Verify - many times if needed to.