This patch has been applied
Chen brought up a bunch of issues and gave us a long document to read over with ideas and suggestions, due to that we ended up finding an issue with BL books that was preventing level 3 books from appearing at all. This caused our plans to shift during this patch and some of the planned content for Patch 63 has been pushed to Patch 64.
- We've made improvements to the event system to prevent alt-killing and suicides from being counted, but this has caused an issue for people playing in the same household. We have a solution planned for this, however that solution requires rewriting the whole function. The good news, this change doesn't require a patch. So, we're hoping to have this resolved ASAP, between now and patch 65.
- We've added SSL support.
- We're still doing some final touches to the event reward changes and expect to roll that out this weekend.
- We've noticed an issue with voting since we added SSL, once we have resolved it and determined the length of it, we will award Jaden for the downtime.
- We had made a typo on the Tcholok NPC, unfortunately, so he has appeared as ERR for the last week. This has been resolved now.
- We had added more options to the Item Crate exchange in Patch 62, but it wasn't noted on those notes.
- We've changed the Radiant Orb reward from MTH voucher to Essential Dragon Orb.
- We've changed the 4th, 5th, and 6th Traveler's Parcel rewards.
- Traveler's Parcel #4
- Kirin Sigil Shard x2
- Monkey's Precious Jade Pack x2
- Traveler's Parcel #4
This patch has been applied!
This section at the top of patches will be updated to reflect the status of the patch since we are now announcing patches prior to their release.
The issue that we originally scheduled a weekly maintenance reboot to address has been resolved. That said, weekly patching has been highly requested. There were some logistical challenges that we had to overcome before being prepared to commit to weekly patching. There are still many factors that could potentially delay these weekly patches, but we are going to try it out. The approach we're going to go with is:
- Tuesday: patch work completed
- Wednesday: announcement + patch notes + time window for patching
- Thursday: Apply the patch in the planned time window
Patches will generally be smaller. However, the majority of you have suggested that you would prefer more consistent patching rather than large patches with many changes.
We'd also like to remind you how important the community is to the development process. Please, take the time to report issues and make suggestions, even if you believe they've already been reported or suggested. When we hear it from more people we know how important that particular feature, issue, or suggestion is to the community as a whole, and it tells us where to best utilize our time. This server wouldn't be over 6 years old without your input, feedback, and ideas.
Now, on to the changes.
- We built a torrent version of the client for downl...
We had a restart on Sunday, so we didn't perform a restart on Tuesday. There also wasn't a patch this week, but there will be one next week on Tuesday, April 9th.
I'll update this post on the weekend with a planned time and some notes about what you can expect to see in Patch 62.
Today we performed our 2nd weekly maintenance. We were a few hrs later than expected due to differing time zones and lack of sleep.
While the server was down, we made significant adjustments to various server software components. After some extensive investigation, we discovered that there was a memory leak caused by some compatibility issues with some versions of server components. We've since upgraded those versions as needed to hopefully improve compatibility and reduce lag.
We believe we've repaired the Hall of Excellence rankings.
Autoroute has been improved significantly.
BL9 has had further adjustments to the rates.
-There were only 2/4 of the different types of "books" dropping from the bosses. Now all 4 will drop, with the rate for the 2 missing books being pulled from the other 2 books.
-Primordial Seal, Medal, and Jade have been added at low rates.
-Badges have had their rates reduced.
-Spiritual Covenant rate has been increased
-Monkey Coin rate has been slightly reduced with Monkey Coin Pack added with a low rate.
Similar improvements are coming to lower levels of BL soon.
The quest you receive when you complete BL has had some changes.
-You may now receive 4 Ancient Blood Seal, 2 Ancient Blood Jade, or 2 Ancient Blood Charm.
-The completion quest will now also reward 10 Banana Peels.
Inferna has had some tweaks to the rates because MCP was dropping higher than intended.
Travelers Parcel 4, 5, and 6 have returned. The longer you stay online, the more you'll be rewarded.
This is our first weekly patch. We've decided that we'll begin having weekly maintenance on Tuesdays, and if there is any content ready to apply in a patch, then it will be applied while down.
-Recently, we performed our first character transfer. Right now we're doing this on a case by case basis. If you, for some reason, believe you need this service. Contact us in our ticket support system for more information and a quote.
-Custom Title Purchase has returned! You can pick your own color and text. I don't know the maximum length but I'll find out for you soon! Soon, you will be issued one free revision, just in case the title doesn't look the way you want it to.
-All previously purchased Custom Titles will be issued a free revision soon. Custom title price has not changed, but the method of delivery has. We have built a new system that will speed up delivery and improve tracking of the Custom Title you order.
-Soon, we will begin to issue custom titles with backgrounds and art like this one: .
-Multiple changes to the website including improved mail logs, event system changes, and preparation for new features.
-More sale functions added to website.
-Fixed issue with email confirmation for changing email address.
-Banana Coupons have been added to the Banana Shop in denominations of 150, 250, 500, and 1000.
-Daily Sign-in Rewards will restart again on the 21st at 00:00. The rewards have not changed, but the cost for late sign-in has been reduced from 420 Jaden...