February 21, 2019, 08:48:53 am

Topic: Removing chance of failure of Star Souls  (Read 269 times)

Offline Ken

• Nankurunaisa
    • View Profile
Removing chance of failure of Star Souls
« on: February 03, 2019, 06:27:53 am »
Star souls grinding is time consuming enough that it having a chance to fail is just poor design by the original dev team.
Even without the chance of failure, it will take months and months of non-stop grinding,without picking any drops, to complete.  With a chance of failure, who knows how long it would extend to.
Please consider removing chance of failure from star souls.

Offline EvilFlippy

• Game Master
  • Double whammy!
    • View Profile
Re: Removing chance of failure of Star Souls
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 12:39:32 pm »
Hello,

just a question (I'm all for increasing though!), but don't the points return when you fail or do they get used up?

Cheers,
Flippy

[Signature by AuBheBhe]

Offline Ken

• Nankurunaisa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 12:51:25 pm »
I highly doubt that they get returned. Thinking about it, it would make no sense if the points were returned, and generally anything with a chance of failure is extremely punishing in JD.

So far, I have only grinded to the 12 point tiers.I did not make this post with indepth info on hand. I was looking up exp charts and further info on star souls and I noticed a vital piece of info I had missed earlier, i.e. , success chances. Alarms went off in my head and I ran here to make a post so that changes could be made(if required) before people lost weeks of grind time.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 12:56:03 pm by Ken »

Offline LuXueqi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 12:13:53 am »
you get a bit more than half back. I think its 2/3 back if it fails. It isnt too hard to grind for points with this new update so idk what everyone is complaining about. I get a good 50-80 pts per 12 hours or so of grinding so it isnt too slow to lvl up the skills. Would be nice if the failure chance was decreased but not removed as that would be no fun (i know, im sadistic) and the return from a failure was kept the same as I feel like it is balanced. Like refining your gears, you dont just 'fail' a refinery and have no negative effects from it - it either crashes completely or goes back by 1 refinery if using SJ. With star souls, we at least get 2/3 or so points back, not reverted to previous progress or lose all of it, so I would say it is balanced.

Offline Lodrick12345

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 04:28:31 am »
You get back 66% of the points if you fail. Indeed 50-80 might not seem bad. But the last 40% of the way you have to get 24 star soul each time. Which means 480 Star soul just to get AP from 1200 to 2000, to just give an example. In my opinion that's slightly too much of a grind

Offline Ken

• Nankurunaisa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 07:47:05 am »
I make an average of 4-6 points per hr on my rayan(pretty maxed out, not picking drops, sprite only collection).
At the 24 point level, that would mean a best case grind of 4hrs or a worse case of 6hrs per attempt. On avg, lets say 5 hrs per attempt.
5 hrs of grind,  per attempt, across 12 major stats (counting stats below crit rate. 18 if you include RES and AP)
The grind is already insane, that is without accounting for the progressively increasing fail rate.

Offline Ken

• Nankurunaisa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 08:59:19 am »
Bumping this cuz this is still an issue. You get back 65% on failure apparently. Hours and hours of grinding lost already.
Can someone suggest this for consideration?

Offline LuXueqi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 07:03:16 pm »
IDK how you only get that small amount of points per hour. Tried using chroma skills instead for faster kills? (faster kills = faster respawn = more xp/hr) sure, it is more costly but not that much. A single vote will cover your jaden costs for like 1-3 days. I get around 100 pts each 10 hours or so (probably less, didnt check properly).

Offline Ken

• Nankurunaisa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 11:14:53 pm »
I'm out killing spawn rates at 3mobs and killing at spawn rate at 4mob spots. Literally can't kill faster.
That's the rate of exp gain if you're not an aoe class.

But that's not the issue being discussed here.

2xvotes.png
Server Time
  • :
  • :
Upcoming Events
Quiz Night
starts
No Limit Duos Tournament
starts
Astri Raffle by GS Dotty
starts
6 Year Anniversary Video Contest