June 19, 2019, 08:53:54 pm

Topic: Exploit: WLS -> Flux Sigil  (Read 962 times)

Offline Tcholok

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dynasty
Exploit: WLS -> Flux Sigil
« on: December 28, 2018, 02:57:36 am »
Today we detected an exploit which allowed you to purchase Flux Sigil Shards indirectly with Wonderland Stones, which could then be exchanged for Flux Sigils. The issue was with the ability to purchase Courage for Wonderland Stones via the Shady Dealer's Rare Item Exchange. You could purchase the item Warsoul Order which gives you 2500 Courage. You could then exchange that courage for Sigil Shards which could then be turned into tradeable sigils.

Fortunately we caught this pretty quickly and this bug was only exploited around  a hundred times between 17 users. Nonetheless, they were able to generate almost 100 Flux Sigils. Had this been worse, we would have been forced to rollback the entire server to ensure fairness for everyone. All 17 users have been temporarily banned while we audit their accounts and rollback the results of their use of this exploit.

This is VERY IMPORTANT: if you discover an exploit, or something you think MIGHT be an exploit, REPORT IT IMMEDIATELY to a staff member (ideally Perryl or myself). There is no sense exploiting it as you will be caught eventually, and you will be banned. We have logs of everything so we can immediately identify everyone involved and where those items ended up. You will not get away with it and you will cause a rollback for everyone if it's bad enough.

Take this as a very strong warning -- if you think you may have found an exploit, let us know. You will not be punished for reporting an exploit, and you may actually be rewarded for doing so. Don't be an idiot and lose your account over something dumb like this.

As of now, those involved have been banned. We will work out a proper punishment for them and reverse the damage done. Until then, they will not be playing. If you were involved in this exploit and would like to self-report everything you did, that will help your case. You can do so by replying to this thread or messaging myself or Perryl on Discord.

Offline mandolica

• View Profile
Re: Exploit: WLS -> Flux Sigil
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 05:45:11 am »
1 remark    not tradable sigils can be made with this process  just   bound ones

Offline m2dow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 09:47:25 am »
Hello , i think u banned me by mistake because i have never traded those sigils or anything by WLS so it was a mistake so please un ban my main ( note i may have some tradeable fluxes which wasn't made from exploit ) thanks in advance (RedLava)

Offline hasta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 04:18:29 pm »
lol mandolica give them some time i am sure they will unban you  its not perma ban just wait some time
Nothing is true,
everything is permitted.
Life Is pointless, you die anyway, void is My goal.

Offline LunarDotty

• Game Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 04:26:26 pm »
Hello,

"All 17 users have been temporarily banned while we audit their accounts and rollback the results of their use of this exploit. "

You won't be banned forever. Yea, we tested the server before releasing it but you know a game like MD has  A LOT of things to test AND we're all humans, we may forget something. We don't have a great team to test, and some of ours were not as active anymore, so we decided to release the patch as a holiday gift and get the players to report the bugs that might still exist.

"If you discover any issues, think something is not working properly, or discover an exploit of some sort, report it promptly on the bug forum. Reporting promptly avoids unnecessary rollback and also avoid banned for using an exploit."

That message was posted together with the patch release, if you at least read the entire post, you would know that what you did was a type of exploit.

You will be unbanned soon. That's all i can say.

Server Time
  • :
  • :
Upcoming Events
FFA @ Monkey PvP [r9]
FFA @ Monkey PvP [r9]
FFA @ Monkey PvP [r9]
Summertime Raffle
starts
Ultimate Last Man Standing
starts
Boss Hunt