March 19, 2019, 04:19:00 pm

Poll

Should Chroma Beads be in the Banana Shop?

Yes
158 (47.7%)
No
128 (38.7%)
I don't know
0 (0%)
I don't care
25 (7.6%)
Just show me the results (throw vote)
20 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 331

Voting closed: September 04, 2014, 03:41:36 pm

Topic: Chroma Beads for Bananas?  (Read 12173 times)

Offline Aries

• Chris 2.0 - Shura Server
    • View Profile
Re: Chroma Beads for Bananas?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 10:15:31 pm »
Hmm if the monkey coin drops, become tradeable.. then i'd vote yes but once added to the shop all the people who buy would use Banana's at least most would. I would use banana's lol

Without even knowing the price of them you just automatically know you would buy them from the Banana Shop?

Well everything else is pretty much price fairly i dont expect any less from you guys with chroma beads o.o

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Remember to vote for us.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 10:32:36 pm »
It's already a struggle to find buyers for wonderland stones because there are so many available now. I mean look how much the price has dropped in the last month or two.

Although that's not because of them going into the banana shop.

As long as they are priced high I do think it wouldn't really effect much. If you price them to high and no one purchases them, what's the point?

I think that as long as the prices are fair it gives people an opportunity to support the server and get chroma in return. Some people would like to do this. The beads can be tradeable or untradeable, and there are other factors to consider too. The drop rates in Inferna aren't really how they should be in my opinion, after playing a bit, I see they are too low.

I'm saying they won't be so cheap that they will heavily affect the in game pricing for them.

I don't see how the wonderland stone analogy works. Nothing was changed with those, they just gradually became less valuable because of people being geared up, and still picking them up after being geared up. This is exactly why they were never added to the market, it was unnecessary.
Submit a ticket at www.monkeydynasty.org/support for help.
Account trading is prohibited.
You may not vote on more than one account in a 6 hour period.

Offline francisco03

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 11:05:21 pm »
It's already a struggle to find buyers for wonderland stones because there are so many available now. I mean look how much the price has dropped in the last month or two.

Although that's not because of them going into the banana shop.

As long as they are priced high I do think it wouldn't really effect much. If you price them to high and no one purchases them, what's the point?

I think that as long as the prices are fair it gives people an opportunity to support the server and get chroma in return. Some people would like to do this. The beads can be tradeable or untradeable, and there are other factors to consider too. The drop rates in Inferna aren't really how they should be in my opinion, after playing a bit, I see they are too low.

I'm saying they won't be so cheap that they will heavily affect the in game pricing for them.

I don't see how the wonderland stone analogy works. Nothing was changed with those, they just gradually became less valuable because of people being geared up, and still picking them up after being geared up. This is exactly why they were never added to the market, it was unnecessary.

I grind from morning(8am) till afternoon (4pm) while I'm at school and I get a stack of chroma beads + ~ 2k more  (if I don't dc) and ~ 2k wonderland stones I have 2 mage toons farming so x2 everything =  for me I think the drop rates is fine I don't like to get everything fast and then what .. Yes there is pvp, BG and other kind of stuffs

Offline TurnUp

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 11:27:19 pm »
Off topic I know but I find the supreme gift coupon pack is ridiculous. $50 for one accessory

Offline Leet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 11:43:09 pm »
Uhm i did vote no,
Because then there is atleast one thing in the game you cant get with donating.

And i saw you talking in the worldchat about putting them in for 50 banana's each stack,
You need like 1000 stacks to max you're chroma + get some skills so that would mean you need to donate 5000 dollar to max youre chroma if you do it with donations only.

Idk but that seems a lil bit expensive, also a flux sigil = 6m+ and it costs 600 banan's and a faction change is around 8-10m gold for 1k banana's so thats around 1mil gold for 100 banana's which means 50 banana's for 1 stack is 500k gold/chroma stack.

The normal price for them is around 70-90k gold. so the price for them should be like 10 banana's each if you want to look at the market atm for prices.

would still be around 1k dollars to max chroma.
But i did vote no, its a very important thing to max on your char and takes months and months of grinding to complete if some rich kid comes and just buy his max chroma like that its too much of a advantage.

Leet

Offline Drax

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2014, 01:56:05 am »
Uhm i did vote no,

And i saw you talking in the worldchat about putting them in for 50 banana's each stack,
You need like 1000 stacks to max you're chroma + get some skills so that would mean you need to donate 5000 dollar to max youre chroma if you do it with donations only.

Idk but that seems a lil bit expensive, also a flux sigil = 6m+ and it costs 600 banan's and a faction change is around 8-10m gold for 1k banana's so thats around 1mil gold for 100 banana's which means 50 banana's for 1 stack is 500k gold/chroma stack.

The normal price for them is around 70-90k gold. so the price for them should be like 10 banana's each if you want to look at the market atm for prices.

But i did vote no, its a very important thing to max on your char and takes months and months of grinding to complete if some rich kid comes and just buy his max chroma like that its too much of a advantage.

Leet

With how controlled PVP is for different refine/chroma levels I don't think it would be a huge advantage for someone with money to blow.

But you have a great point about the price. If they were going to be as expensive as discussed,  what's the point? It won't change a thing...

Offline Manouek

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2014, 02:47:58 am »
This poll is a big joke.

Perryl are you aware about daily rewards?? We only
Get 1 kirin sigil a day, wdf is tht?

And u made a poll abt chromas in banana shop? Genius
  Hell no. Pls dont do this.

We need more kirin sigil per day.

Offline Pimap

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2014, 04:54:27 am »
I really don't mind this b/c it would just make more PvP for me being an 81 chroma player, that might be a little selfish and it would deff increase the prices of chroma beads. So I could see how Non-81 Chroma players who can't spend $ would feel so for them I voted no.

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2014, 04:58:52 am »
Uhm i did vote no,

Leet

A lot of good points.

We don't actually base all pricing off of Flux Sigils, because if we did the Banana Shop would be kind of overpowered. Here's some quick math estimates.

If we based everything off of Flux Sigils then 20,000 jaden would be the same price as a Flux, 1200 Monkey Coin Packs, 30000 Fatecharm Fragments, 240 level 5 Celesphere Sands, and 80 Chroma Packs.

I think that the jaden and the Monkey Coin Packs might both need a reduction to be honest. Especially now that we have the untradeable MCP too.

A lot of people tend to use the same math you did to calculate our pricing, but we just don't do it this way because we're attempting to keep a balance on the jaden, MCP, and some other items prices.

The proposed pricing for the Chroma Beads does include a single stack for 50 bananas, but better pricing for larger purchases. With the largest purchase getting stacks for about 15 bananas each.

Either way, valid points, at least someone bothered to make some. lol

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2014, 05:05:59 am »
Uhm i did vote no,

Leet

With how controlled PVP is for different refine/chroma levels I don't think it would be a huge advantage for someone with money to blow.

But you have a great point about the price. If they were going to be as expensive as discussed,  what's the point? It won't change a thing...

When looking at Chroma Beads from start to finish and pricing it there is really no way to offer it for a sensible price and keep it from working out to under 1k, even that is a really low number for the economy to handle. It would cause negative effects almost certainly. With the amount of Chroma Beads required, it just doesn't add up to less than 1k easily.

As you know you need somewhere around 1050 stacks to max chroma and max all skills for one chroma. I highly doubt that people are going to use this to max out their chroma, even if it was a dollar a stack. What nobody is bothering to consider is how much chroma you get in game from farming, subtleties, exploration, etc, etc, etc. Nobody would ever even NEED to buy their max chroma from the shop. The other thing you're neglecting to consider is that we always offer price breaks on the more you buy, so of course we're not going to be selling 100 stacks for 5000 bananas.

As for your last point, "it won't change a thing". So what? If it won't change a thing then you have no reason to concern yourself with it. Right? I mean, what is this supposed to mean? If people want to spend their money on an item they will, regardless if you think it's worth it or not. The point of it being "too expensive so what's the point?" is obvious, the point is to try and give people a reason to donate.

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2014, 05:08:48 am »
This poll is a big joke.

1 Kirin Sigil per day is 7 per week. You also get enough jaden daily to buy them daily, you also can buy them with gold daily, with gold you are given free daily, you also get shards for multiple other sigils, and full jade and dragon sigils from places too.

This complaint (which only comes from you btw) is ignored for a reason. Most people get more than 1 Kirin a day, and you've already been told this.

However, many people do complain about the Dragon Sigil drops, they were supposed to be replaced by Harmony Rune, but it's not fixed yet. I broke it somehow when I customized it, and I can't test it on our test server because it's set up for Regen.

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2014, 05:10:26 am »
I really don't mind this b/c it would just make more PvP for me being an 81 chroma player, that might be a little selfish and it would deff increase the prices of chroma beads. So I could see how Non-81 Chroma players who can't spend $ would feel so for them I voted no.

You think the price for them in-game would increase?

I mean, my hope was to try and keep them close to the same, maybe make them drop a tiny bit. I don't really see why they would increase in price though. If anything they would decrease, right? More supply should equal less demand which would result in lower prices.

Offline Done

• DeadlyCode
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2014, 06:00:51 am »
I vote NO
Reason: There is already vast amounts of Chroma Beads in the game, it is easier to obtain now which keeps cash flowing throughout the community. If a donator would really want to pay for chroma beads they can buy other items on the shop and sell or trade for chroma beads in the game.

Offline Pastry

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2014, 10:06:05 am »
Voted yes , simply cuz its a consumable , it doesn't matter if a bit more of it is pumped into the economy , I gets taken off market and consumed at an even greater speed .

Offline Manouek

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2014, 12:57:09 pm »
This poll is a big joke.

1 Kirin Sigil per day is 7 per week. You also get enough jaden daily to buy them daily, you also can buy them with gold daily, with gold you are given free daily, you also get shards for multiple other sigils, and full jade and dragon sigils from places too.

This complaint (which only comes from you btw) is ignored for a reason. Most people get more than 1 Kirin a day, and you've already been told this.

However, many people do complain about the Dragon Sigil drops, they were supposed to be replaced by Harmony Rune, but it's not fixed yet. I broke it somehow when I customized it, and I can't test it on our test server because it's set up for Regen.

Wow im not the only one complaining abt this. alot of people got problem on this too but they dont tell you because 100% sure they'll be ignored. im glad u diddnt ignore me.

1 kirin, 360j, 10k (mth) a day. WOW so 7 kirin a week is enough? we lost draogn sigil drops and now we only get 1 kirin a day? why only 1???? do you know how hard to refine? 50pcs +10s is not sure for 1 +14piece of gear.
I dont want to be selfish or think that u did this on purpose so more peeps will donate for sigils coz i know that you guys need $ too to run this wonderful server.

WE want enough daily rewards like more kirin sigils a day. Like back then.
YOu did this so we can work really hard coz this is not easy server and some max out people dont log in anymore coz they are already max out.. so what abt us?

Im not qqing or fighting with you, im jsut saying that we need more kirin sigils a day. MD economy is fucked up, its  a PVE>PVP server now man. i can make a poll abt this server for being a lonely server and people will vote YEA.

People said this srv will revive in rege... lets see.

Server Time
  • :
  • :
Upcoming Events
FFA PvP @ r9 Billows
FFA PvP @ r9 Billows
FFA PvP @ r9 Billows
Staff Online
1 Admin now in game!
Perryl
Quick Chat
Facebook