January 21, 2019, 12:40:02 am

Poll

Do you want the Regenesis patch on MD?

Yes, I want it despite any potential risks.
219 (65.4%)
No, put it on a new server instead.
116 (34.6%)

Total Members Voted: 335

Voting closed: April 10, 2014, 11:37:38 am

Topic: The final Regenesis poll.  (Read 11575 times)

Offline Kaiya

• View Profile
Re: The final Regenesis poll.
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 03:16:44 pm »
How is that fair for the ones who can't multi client? Kinda makes the game unfair. Lots of people have a farmer and play another toon at once, heck sometimes two farmers and a playable toon. Now they're possibly forced to make a choice? Idk, kinda sounds unfair like i mentioned. I'm not downing your post, i'm just trying to look at all sides of the patch if it was to happen, is all. Don't want you to get the wrong idea.
Ok, I voted yes. my PC can handle anything...So fuck yeah, We have to move on now or later.

For those who have old PCs, U guys will lag less, much less with new patch...but you might not be able to multi-client.

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Remember to vote for us.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 03:20:30 pm »

I didn't even think about voting. o_o

And really, I don't want to manage characters on two servers. One of the servers would become dead eventually.

I think the idea is for you to continue on the Regenesis server if you can play it, and leave the Sunstrider server. You would always have the option to come back, but we are thinking we want to keep a server for those who cannot play Regenesis, if we can't figure out why they can't play Regenesis.
So while the Sunstrider version of the server would exist, if you chose to continue on there your progress would not count on the Regenesis server, and vice versa. If you decided to play on both servers actively that would be your own decision I suppose.
That is assuming we can just start Regenesis with the current database without an issue, but that shouldn't be a problem.
Submit a ticket at www.monkeydynasty.org/support for help.
Account trading is prohibited.
You may not vote on more than one account in a 6 hour period.

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 03:22:33 pm »
Ok, I voted yes. my PC can handle anything...So fuck yeah, We have to move on now or later.

For those who have old PCs, U guys will lag less, much less with new patch...but you might not be able to multi-client.

If the issue is that a person cannot multiclient I think it's pretty selfish of them to consider that being unable to play if we update it.

As long as you can run one client on decent settings that should be enough.

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 03:31:25 pm »
How is that fair for the ones who can't multi client? Kinda makes the game unfair. Lots of people have a farmer and play another toon at once, heck sometimes two farmers and a playable toon. Now they're possibly forced to make a choice? Idk, kinda sounds unfair like i mentioned. I'm not downing your post, i'm just trying to look at all sides of the patch if it was to happen, is all. Don't want you to get the wrong idea.

How is it currently fair for those who can't currently multiclient? Plenty of people are unable to run 3 clients, let alone 2. If you're unable to run more than one client that's just not our fault. Upgrade your PC, or your connection. Whatever it takes. If you can't do that, well, I don't really know what to tell you, I'm quite poor and can afford the best internet connection available in my area. My 500 dollar piece of shit PC from like 3 years ago runs Regenesis fine.

I'm not on either side really, I want whatever will make as many people as possible happy. I'm just not satisfied with making only half of the server happy. I won't accept someone complaining they can only run one client as not being able to play it though. That to me is a lie and very selfish. Plenty of people are playing just one char on one account. There is no reason why someone should hold back  a whole community of people who have spent the money to meet the requirements to play newer games with newer content just because they cannot maximize on their own potential. We can't base our updates on making sure every single person can run 3 clients, we'd never have had a patch if we did that.

Offline Pistol

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 03:49:47 pm »
Regenesis is coming to this server one way or another, now or later. We have to move on, take that leap forward.
Many players have old Computers, But I'm pretty sure, everyone can at least play with a single client. a 10 years old Intel Celeron PC can do that.

Another thing that most players complain about is LAG. Yes, Sadly this game is based on DX8 (which is an old architecture), besides it has bugs and memory leak issues. However, This is JD. and to solve most of these issues, we have to update, since new graphics engine is improved in all means.

This Server is known for having multiple levels of PvP (+10s, +11/12, and +14), I was playing with single client for months. I could have fun, a lot of it. even with lag and issues, If I lag, I avoid mass PvP and can still have 1v1 PvP, So I see there is no point of complaining, Let's move forward.

I'm a Prowler. I'm on the run, I kill to eat. I'm starving now, feeling dead on my feet. Going all the way, I'm nature's beast. Do what I want, I'll do as I please.

Offline Kaiya

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 03:50:27 pm »
I  wasn't talking about myself. I can run 2 clients perfectly fine if i wanted to. I was just thinking about others who can't. Maybe how i worded it came out wrong, my bad. I just want whats best for server as much as you do is all and sometimes i misword things, i'm only human.

How is it currently fair for those who can't currently multiclient? Plenty of people are unable to run 3 clients, let alone 2. If you're unable to run more than one client that's just not our fault. Upgrade your PC, or your connection. Whatever it takes. If you can't do that, well, I don't really know what to tell you, I'm quite poor and can afford the best internet connection available in my area. My 500 dollar piece of shit PC from like 3 years ago runs Regenesis fine.

I'm not on either side really, I want whatever will make as many people as possible happy. I'm just not satisfied with making only half of the server happy. I won't accept someone complaining they can only run one client as not being able to play it though. That to me is a lie and very selfish. Plenty of people are playing just one char on one account. There is no reason why someone should hold back  a whole community of people who have spent the money to meet the requirements to play newer games with newer content just because they cannot maximize on their own potential. We can't base our updates on making sure every single person can run 3 clients, we'd never have had a patch if we did that.

Offline mike

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2014, 04:26:49 pm »
Look Perry not like I'm again regen I'm building that arms of characters for a reason which regen ... tbh I voted no ... for only 1 reason ... If u remember how voida when it came out had visual bugs at some skills and cause everyone to crash ? That's my reason I've went on xjd for a day or 2 to check the patch up ... I found those visual bugs even with some factions auto attack so if u can confirm me it's just xjd ... I'd change to yes .. and I'm pretty sure my laptop  can handle 2 clients fine on regen .it's only as I explained I don't want those graphic shit again ...
But I'm  glad your up for regen

Offline Done

• DeadlyCode
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 04:53:26 pm »
Now that we have the files and a patch would be possible after some modding and testing I want to know who wants the patch and who doesn't.

There are only 2 options in this poll. The first is simply yes, this means you want it on MD. This means you do not care about the potential loss of items such as monkey coins, and custom items  such as mounts, skyblades and pets.

The second option is simply no, this means you do not want it on MD. This includes people who cannot play it, who don't want to play it, and those who just want it on a new server.

Keep in mind we are going to test and do everything we can to make sure there would be no loss of items, but we have to consider the large amount of people that simply cannot play the patch as well. I'm trying to determine how many people we have on each end of the spectrum.

Who knows when official might get fixes for what is missing, might as well just implement it and just patch up whatever they fix

Offline Drax

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2014, 05:36:32 pm »
Keep Regenesis off of the low rate server. That way the people who can't handle the graphic requirements can go there and play.

I didn't even think about voting. o_o

And really, I don't want to manage characters on two servers. One of the servers would become dead eventually.

I think the idea is for you to continue on the Regenesis server if you can play it, and leave the Sunstrider server. You would always have the option to come back, but we are thinking we want to keep a server for those who cannot play Regenesis, if we can't figure out why they can't play Regenesis.
So while the Sunstrider version of the server would exist, if you chose to continue on there your progress would not count on the Regenesis server, and vice versa. If you decided to play on both servers actively that would be your own decision I suppose.
That is assuming we can just start Regenesis with the current database without an issue, but that shouldn't be a problem.
IGN: Drax/dEjAhVu

Offline xaffire009

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2014, 05:48:27 pm »
I think you should put it on a new server really.. My PC hardly keeps MD up :(.. In official my game completely crashed and had major lagg.. >.<

It would be good for us to work together and figure out exactly why your PC has issues with Regenesis.

in general for some reason Regenesis doesn't like computers with Intel Family Chips, on official i couldn't wait to get JD open with Regenesis only to get instant bug report everytime it launches, even with the ElementClient.exe to force open crashes the game. It just doesn't like some computers.

There's gonna be graphical and user interface issues, one issue people had/have is the map when they open the map it looks like its been cut in two and pasted together.

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2014, 06:17:54 pm »
I  wasn't talking about myself. I can run 2 clients perfectly fine if i wanted to. I was just thinking about others who can't. Maybe how i worded it came out wrong, my bad. I just want whats best for server as much as you do is all and sometimes i misword things, i'm only human.

I don't mean you specifically either, I'm speaking in general.

Offline Kaiya

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2014, 06:22:19 pm »
Np Perryl, was just a whole misunderstanding. Any clue as to when the poll will close by chance?

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2014, 06:32:35 pm »
Np Perryl, was just a whole misunderstanding. Any clue as to when the poll will close by chance?

just a few days, trying to get people to vote as quick as possible, the numbers are already pretty solid and probably wont change much tbh.

Offline skycharmer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2014, 06:42:50 pm »
YES YES YES i definitely want the Regenesis patch

Offline sendutohell

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2014, 11:49:43 pm »
Yes yes yes yes yes

Server Time
  • :