March 19, 2019, 06:52:14 am

Poll

Do you want the Regenesis patch on MD?

Yes, I want it despite any potential risks.
219 (65.4%)
No, put it on a new server instead.
116 (34.6%)

Total Members Voted: 335

Voting closed: April 10, 2014, 05:37:38 pm

Topic: The final Regenesis poll.  (Read 12063 times)

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Remember to vote for us.
    • View Profile
The final Regenesis poll.
« on: April 07, 2014, 05:37:38 pm »
Now that we have the files and a patch would be possible after some modding and testing I want to know who wants the patch and who doesn't.

There are only 2 options in this poll. The first is simply yes, this means you want it on MD. This means you do not care about the potential loss of items such as monkey coins, and custom items  such as mounts, skyblades and pets.

The second option is simply no, this means you do not want it on MD. This includes people who cannot play it, who don't want to play it, and those who just want it on a new server.

Keep in mind we are going to test and do everything we can to make sure there would be no loss of items, but we have to consider the large amount of people that simply cannot play the patch as well. I'm trying to determine how many people we have on each end of the spectrum.
Submit a ticket at www.monkeydynasty.org/support for help.
Account trading is prohibited.
You may not vote on more than one account in a 6 hour period.

Offline Drax

• View Profile
Re: The final Regenesis poll.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 05:42:09 pm »
Just to clarify, having it set up on existing server keeps our characters intact? I don't really care about losing some monkey coins just as long as my actual character progression stays intact. I'd vote yes in that case. o_o
IGN: Drax/dEjAhVu

Offline Solo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 05:43:43 pm »
Not to be starting any series of drama, but how many polls we should vote on for this patch to come ? I thought last poll's voting came with pretty obvious results...

Offline NinjaXD

• The Real NinjaXD Skype - Kyle.Gundry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 05:46:31 pm »
Lets dooo itttt :D

Offline Nik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 05:48:57 pm »
I voted yes, because of some things that can't be customized in sunstrider... Especially extra skill bars. About losing custom ITEMS, like mounts/skyblades/pets, nothing that can't be obtained really fast in regensis update, in case you do what you said you will if/when regene comes. Which is simply being forced to change the ID of items so they stay in Regene again. As of things like monkey coin, it would be nice to get like 2 weeks warning to actually use them, before the patch comes. As of me playing regenesis, I was on official, ran pretty smoothly, the only problem was hopping from map to map, it took a bit longer than before.

Cheers
Clan: Hogwarts
Faction: Rayan
Affinity: Dagos
IGN: Theoryッ

Offline 为Enyo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 06:07:44 pm »
I think you should put it on a new server really.. My PC hardly keeps MD up :(.. In official my game completely crashed and had major lagg.. >.<

Offline Amrita

• Fuwa Incense Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 06:09:50 pm »
I voted Yes.

I have played Regenesis patch in official server and in a pserver as well. I know the problem Regenesis patch brings with it, especially the problem that many players will face regarding the updated graphics engine, which might result in some people unable to play the game. Making a new server just for Regenesis patch will further raise a whole lot of questions and dilemmas, (like, do we need to start afresh in Regenesis patched server, what will happen to the voting, etc etc) but after weighing the pros with cons i decided to vote Yes here. The primary pros of Regenesis patch that i look forward to are :

Skill changes of different factions and affinity.
Pet Hyper - Evolution
More Skill Bars
Alliance Base

The 2 new factions are cool but the above mentioned reasons takes precedence for me.
Thank you.

[Edit : Forgot the Alliance Base feature as a Pro of Regenesis Patch]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 11:53:39 am by Irene »

Offline virtual

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 06:15:41 pm »
Regenesis is actualy the first real patch which ballances the classes and makes pvp even more fun. I vote YES. But no need to hurry. Test it first, and fix the bugs on it.  We want that our chars stay intact, dont care about those custom items tbh. Just dont make another server with regen patch on it, it would split the communitie into half and i think no 1 is in the mod to rebuild his char from scratch. If ur applying regen, aply it on this existing server.
Looking forward to see regen up ASAP here :)
Soory for my bad grammar.

Offline Drax

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 06:16:24 pm »
I voted Yes.

I have played Regenesis patch in official server and in a pserver as well. I know the problem Regenesis patch brings with it, especially the problem that many players will face regarding the updated graphics engine, which might result in some people unable to play the game. Making a new server just for Regenesis patch will further raise a whole lot of questions and dilemmas, (like, do we need to start afresh in Regenesis patched server, what will happen to the voting, etc etc) but after weighing the pros with cons i decided to vote Yes here. The primary pros of Regenesis patch that i look forward to are :

Skill changes of different factions and affinity.
Pet Hyper - Evolution
More Skill Bars

The 2 new factions are cool but the above mentioned reasons takes precedence for me.
Thank you.

I didn't even think about voting. o_o

And really, I don't want to manage characters on two servers. One of the servers would become dead eventually.
IGN: Drax/dEjAhVu

Offline Kaiya

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 06:39:28 pm »
I personally voted, no, for the fact we could possibly lose players, since not everyone has the greatest pc and we all know regen is known to lag. I know what it was like first hand, i could barely play when it hit official due to it, but now since i have a new pc it won't bother me, i'm just trying to look out for the ones who could suffer from this.

Offline raggee

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 07:03:11 pm »
proof that do you have the files? i also vote no because my pc could not handle.

Offline Pistol

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 08:34:04 pm »
Ok, I voted yes. my PC can handle anything...So fuck yeah, We have to move on now or later.

For those who have old PCs, U guys will lag less, much less with new patch...but you might not be able to multi-client.

I'm a Prowler. I'm on the run, I kill to eat. I'm starving now, feeling dead on my feet. Going all the way, I'm nature's beast. Do what I want, I'll do as I please.

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 09:09:01 pm »
Just to clarify, having it set up on existing server keeps our characters intact?

It is possible that you will lose any custom items you have. We're trying to find a way around that now.

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2014, 09:14:24 pm »
Not to be starting any series of drama, but how many polls we should vote on for this patch to come ? I thought last poll's voting came with pretty obvious results...

It's been quite a while since the last poll now, considering the time it has been on official, the feedback I've received in game, and the release of it on XJD, I thought it was a good idea to take another look at the opinion of the population.

There was a lot of options on the last poll, I wanted to take a more direct approach at polling options. Just because the majority votes yes for something doesn't mean it will happen. To upset a large population of the server to have something we're getting on just fine without is generally not a good idea. I like new content too, but this wouldn't be the first time an official server has put out bad content in a patch.

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2014, 09:15:25 pm »
I think you should put it on a new server really.. My PC hardly keeps MD up :(.. In official my game completely crashed and had major lagg.. >.<

It would be good for us to work together and figure out exactly why your PC has issues with Regenesis.

Server Time
  • :
  • :
Upcoming Events
FFA PvP @ r9 Billows
FFA PvP @ r9 Billows
FFA PvP @ r9 Billows
Staff Online
1 Admin now in game!
Perryl
Quick Chat
Facebook