June 26, 2019, 01:59:22 pm

Poll

Do you want Regenesis patch to come to MD?

Yes.
376 (57.2%)
Yes, but on a new server.
84 (12.8%)
No, my pc will not support the new graphics.
51 (7.8%)
No, there are too many bugs right now.
84 (12.8%)
No, any other reason.
21 (3.2%)
Just show me the results
41 (6.2%)

Total Members Voted: 658

Voting closed: January 28, 2014, 04:08:58 pm

Topic: Do you want Regenesis patch to come to MD?  (Read 17802 times)

Offline GoDaddy

• View Profile
Re: Do you want Regenesis patch to come to MD?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 09:52:19 pm »
I see issues with this..  The bugs.. The last I knew the new Chars cant even ascend.  I liked it in official.  You usually do whats best for the server.  Show me the results.

Offline Perryl

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Remember to vote for us.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 10:09:03 pm »
A little feedback from myself..

For those who would vote yes - this means that MD as we know it would be gone, and we would be moving to the new Regenesis version of the game. We do not know what types of unanticipated changes this may cause. First of all all of the ids we have used are all taken in the new client, so we would have to rearrange them all, if it will even work. We had some problems with the testing on this, but we don't have a complete copy of the Regenesis package to fully and accurately test these things.

This can also cause issues with any types of award system out there. It's possible editing exploration won't work, or maybe editing CP, or drop rates, or... well, you get the idea.

We also do not have very many editors for the new files, our ability to edit things is quite limited right now.

For those who would vote "yes, but on a new server". One of the upsides to this is that we can start from scratch with the new files and build an even better client, also we would be able to keep the old server for those who didn't want to lose their work and for those who just wanted to play this version of MD. Unfortunately all of the above issues still remain, but with a new server we can start with no customs and slowly build it. Of course, once we actually have the files any number of these negative factors can change.

For those who would vote "no, my pc will not support the graphics". We don't want to lose these people and what they have put into the server. So it would be kind of unfair to update when these people don't want us to. With that said, I'm confident most of you can handle the game with some help on optimizing your pc. Also, there is no reason why you shouldn't be supportive of the option "yes , but on a new server" since that wouldn't effect you in any way.

For those who vote "no, due to bugs". Those people posting there are no crucial game-breaking bugs are telling the truth really. The bugs are mostly cosmetic and stuff, the issue is with editing and modifying things that are bugged. Not only that, by the time we even finished recustomizing the server the next patch for Regenesis would be out. Also, not being able to ascend on the new classes makes it kind of hard to justify all the work that owuld have to be done on the new files to customize them the way we do here at MD.

Those voting "no, any other reason". Truth is i have no idea why you're voting no so I have nothing to offer to help you decide if this is the right option for you.

I do think that anyone voting no has no reason not to vote for the "yes but on a new server" option. Just throwing that out there.

You can change vote if this post makes you feel like you want to, in any way, I'm not trying to advocate for any specific vote option. lol

Finally, if you voted "just show me the results". That option is there for staff to click on when they don't want their vote to effect the rest of the poll. This means that anyone voting for that spot is basically throwing their vote.
Submit a ticket at www.monkeydynasty.org/support for help.
Account trading is prohibited.
You may not vote on more than one account in a 12 hour period.

Offline Nik

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 10:14:15 pm »
As I think I mentioned before is it possible to get Regenesis on MD when it's fully working?
Clan: Hogwarts
Faction: Rayan
Affinity: Dagos
IGN: Theory惃

Offline NightRose

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 10:21:18 pm »
Well i playd on official and on XJD and i can say that the new patch is rly nice except the fact that psy cant where any fashion ...and the 2 new classes can't ascend.
The other things like skin for wepons and some other lotos the new susntream the fact that ppl who did JD plot can do it again and they can get the yelow chest again (this is on official) is rly good .

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Dhilleux

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 01:21:15 am »
Well i playd on official and on XJD and i can say that the new patch is rly nice except the fact that psy cant where any fashion ...and the 2 new classes can't ascend

Official got the same launch expansion that ZX got,  it's why they can't ascend  ...and all the little bugs

This was posted in the ZX3 thread awhile ago, goes over some of the new Regenesis stuff, for those interested:
http://monkeydynasty.org/forum/index.php/topic,1755.msg14140.html#msg14140
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:46:58 am by Dhilleux »

Offline ADM!RAL

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 01:44:12 am »
well i voted "yes" before seeing perry's last post

what made MD the best server out there r the customs they put into it

and sacrificing those customs alone will make the game really boring at least for new comers if not for old players as well

i remember those days after voida fix patch and there was nothing customized yet things were pretty boring as i remember it took 2 weeks before customization were back 
there was no mth,cp,python hunt and ofc there was no gold

i tried xjd after Regenesis just for curiosity to see how the game improved

tbh i liked the new graphics pretty much and didn't face slowdowns when moving from map to another strangely it was even smother and faster than here (maybe it's just my pc is good enough for it)

dont knw much about skills and what get nerfed and so on but my experience with xjd itself is it was boring as hell (i didn't play xjd before and dont knw if they r customized or not or howfar it's customized but at it's stat right now it sucks couldn't even stand it till i lvl to 100 un-ascended)

i'd go voting for making another server now but after sometime one server will have less crowd than the other same of what happened with JM and MD 

sry for the long post
Good Luck guys and thx for the great experience and fun we r having here :)

Offline Kyo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 02:21:18 am »
i cant wait till the patch comming cauz i show the instance and every thing in official

its amazing guyz

Offline Elfie

• Hey sweet ones
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 08:22:09 am »
Only bring the 2 new characters, like Voida..
And some new quests..   :)
:-)

Offline GenesIs

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 08:55:15 am »
Of course we want it ... But like Daraia Said there are too many bugs... It'll be better if we wait a bit more....  :-\

Offline Hyerul

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2014, 08:56:32 am »
I'd say to to do one of these:

1. Add a new server with Regenesis, now the problem will be that it'll be competing with MD and JM, and that may not be in your best interest. Also it requires extra work.

2.Wait a few months, maybe a year, to see what happens, let them fix the bugs, and update the current server to Regenesis.

No matter what you decide to do, DO NOT UPDATE NOW OR IN THE NEAR FUTURE (weeks... 2,3 months) BECAUSE REGENESIS IS CRAP AT THE MOMENT.

Thanks.

Offline Ken

• Nankurunaisa
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 11:51:18 am »
I'd say to to do one of these:

1. Add a new server with Regenesis, now the problem will be that it'll be competing with MD and JM, and that may not be in your best interest. Also it requires extra work.

2.Wait a few months, maybe a year, to see what happens, let them fix the bugs, and update the current server to Regenesis.

No matter what you decide to do, DO NOT UPDATE NOW OR IN THE NEAR FUTURE (weeks... 2,3 months) BECAUSE REGENESIS IS CRAP AT THE MOMENT.

Thanks.

My friend, JM died to a mere fraction of its original player base within months of MD's launch. With a new server with the new version of the game, MD would die out eventually . When JM gets the regenesis patch, it has a very bright future , it being the best low rate server out there, while MD wouldn't fare none too well o.o

The bugs are just mostly small graphic bugs, perry said so himself, it wont blow up in your face xD

Lastly i have no idea what you based your judgement on, that regenesis is totally crap atm in capital letters o.o i really don't, cuz its not that broken and you obviously haven't tried it o.o Although, i don't really mind waiting for Regenesis to come to MD when its given the 'fixed' certificate.

i'd go voting for making another server now but after sometime one server will have less crowd than the other same of what happened with JM and MD 

If another server was to be launched, MD would gradually empty out to the new one, and lose a lot of its existing loyal playerbase who are end game.
 It would be a strike at the heart of our motivation to continue, seeing that theres nothing more to look forward to as everything's going to the new server. Even prospects of new fashions, mounts and instances can't really compare to missing out on a whole variety of stuff that directly influences pvp and gameplay.
Besides, MD would feel the HUGE patch lags, update lags JM felt overtime cuz perry is doing all the work alone, and i don't believe we have the manpower or the financial power to set up and run successfully a 2nd high rate server among all the fierce competition. It would just do more harm than good.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:57:29 am by Ken »

Offline clashrb0

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 07:15:44 pm »
as Danial Brayen said *Yes Yes Yes

can't wait for patch please release it ASAP

Offline Cimmy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2014, 07:17:36 pm »
I've spoken to some people that have tried the patch either on xjd or official and if the "bugs" are really that minor why not get the patch, so i vote YES. We know new factions cant ascend  yet, but we all know *hopefully* that with or without "the bugs" that won't happen on any server until it happens on official so why not just patch and fix/deal with the "simple" bugs and just patiently wait till the factions can ascend. I don't see why everyone would have to wait until they finally decide to ascend the 2 classes in order to get the patch. Now, I voted "YES" and not "YES, but on another server," because I don't see a reason why anyone would have to start all over. Most people and I assume specially those who donated would not want to just throw their donations away and migrate to start from scratch, nor anyone else who has spent time and effort building up their character(s)...well maybe some people from Jade such as Hello! / Frankie / Delta! and those with no life they wouldn't mind doing shit all over, so I say just patch over the currently awesome server and work on fixing those minor bugs if possible until the factions get ascension.

My name is Bruce C. Noris Lee and I approve this message!
AKA - Done / Drone / Cim
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 07:20:09 pm by Cimmy »

Offline mike

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2014, 08:36:31 pm »
I voted *Yes* but i just changed to *No* and ill repeat NO ! DONT !DONT until its fully workin !

i got Extreme Jade just to test those new factions .... seriously?ya i totally feel how u ppl rushin the nerds and boots believe me i want that too - but just tell me if u have tested it how the fuck they Boosted/upgraded the Graphics Engine?actually they screwed it up again

-Not sayin Graphics looks sucks or smthn .. ya they hella nicer - but get a better graphics and mess up the skills motions/looks and get load of pixils with skills same as how it used to be once voida came out?and keep on crashin all over again ?i dont suggest that and hope Admins read that

Bein a voida doesnt mean i dont want the patch believe me i want it before anyone - i dont depend on it .. im just tryin to let the server bein smoth .. dont break it cuz of tards wan that w.e the way !!

just rethink about it please - :x
but after all its ur final Decision and ill Respect it w.e its

Offline AcidTrip

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2014, 09:47:40 am »
Well yes, for the better balance, but im in no hurry, dont see why should u rush it

Server Time
  • :
  • :
Upcoming Events
FFA @ Monkey PvP [r9]
FFA @ Monkey PvP [r9]
FFA @ Monkey PvP [r9]
Summertime Raffle
starts
Ultimate Last Man Standing
starts
Boss Hunt