Poll

Do you like the Jungle so far?

Yes, I want to see more!
126 (42.6%)
Yes, this PvP newsfeed is enough.
18 (6.1%)
No, I wouldn't use this at all.
32 (10.8%)
I'm not totally sure what the Jungle is, but I'm curious...
90 (30.4%)
Just show me the results.
30 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 296

Topic: The Jungle  (Read 5326 times)

Offline Tcholok

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dynasty
The Jungle
« on: August 22, 2013, 05:15:49 pm »
We're hard at work on The Jungle, but we wanted to give you an early preview to get your feedback -- so let us know what you think so far!

Offline Done

• DeadlyCode
    • View Profile
Re: The Jungle
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 06:21:43 pm »
Looks pretty awesome so far! I wonder if you would be able to make a script or something for it that records duel matches and keeps a score? That would make it so much interesting and better :)

Offline Foreplay

• I like Turtles
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 09:07:48 pm »
Looks awesome indeed, vrey nice idea just one thing to point out.

I saw that even when there are wars the kills will show up as "pk kill" could you change that to idk " war kill" or something like that, so people can make the difference. If there is any way to change that :D. great work until now
Revenge? Nah, ill just sit here and let karma fuck you up.

Offline kohaku

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 04:50:35 am »
I'd like to know how it tells what types of kills are which. Do duels get tracked? How does it know if it's a PK or PvP? o.o That bit confuses me.

As well as that, I agree with Spunk on the War Kill. Could maybe include Fort or TW Kills as a later thing, if players think it would be nice

Offline -Cim-

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 11:43:50 am »
Would be awesome if when the server resets there will come a top 5 of players who made most kills that day, but for now i won't alt tab everytime to check out the jungle, so for that reason i voted no.

Offline hells

• ~Iam Who Iam~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 04:49:35 am »
dun wan to be silly , its not a bad thing but as Nunvie said its just alt-tab to check up thats abit silly so just make it like top5/10 of day/week/month will be much better  ... thats for the jungle
but tbh from my point just focus on that patch u keep promising its very soon better than pvp shit cuz barely ppl pvp !
[

IGN : DonDare / DonCare / DonBare / DonDe

Offline Muff

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 08:17:12 pm »
Great work, Would be nice to see it on the side boxes (modules) whatever u call it, with the highest number of kills for the week or something like that for the top 10 like the Random Monkeys Online box or even replace that one coz the random monkeys arent really of any use.

Offline Tsikuku

• Rawrrrrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 03:56:26 pm »
I like the daily stat frame, it bring out a bit more competitiveness for pvp'ing and encourage players to become more active in pvp.

The suggestion to further differentiate between type of kills (pvp/pk/war/tw/fort) is in my opinion a great idea. A summary of top 10 or so for the week, month and overall (or lifetime, whatever you want to call it) in a side frame would make it even more interesting.

Love the concept however, so you got my yes.

Cheers.

Offline mrtkewl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 06:31:04 am »
As of now The Jungle is a cool and fresh implement on the website. However I agree with those who say it should be put in a side bar someplace. Also the addition of War kills would be nice and who won the war.

As always thanks for your hard work!

Offline Rabbi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 08:42:40 pm »
Duels more then likely wont be able to checked by this system, due to no one actually dying.
You lose when you reach 1 hp not death, but never know they may be able to implement a system to check it.

Atm its kinda pointless as theres no tally for total kills or a rating system, also whos to stop someone from abusing it and killing the same person over and over to bug the stats.

Offline Snowflake

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 09:53:58 pm »
Duels more then likely wont be able to checked by this system, due to no one actually dying.
You lose when you reach 1 hp not death, but never know they may be able to implement a system to check it.

There are actually two icons, one for duels, another for deaths, so system registers both.  Look closely, they're  displayed...

I find The Jungle awesome. any type of ranking that will make players actually want to be displayed and pvp, or kill others in any other way, is great. Really looking forward to see more <3

Offline Tcholok

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dynasty
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 06:01:21 am »
I will be working more on the ranking aspect of it in different time frames (week, month, lifetime) and adding to the side bar.

Unfortunately, we're pretty limited on what data we can actually discern about each kill, so the Duel vs Non-Duel is really as specific as we can get now.

I'm open for different names for these types of kills - if you have suggestions, please post.

Offline Gehaktbal1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 12:56:07 pm »
How is the development going? Im really curious ;)

Offline Mofo

• Stand your ground, and Fight!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2013, 06:19:51 pm »
yeah, its an awesome feed. Hopefully will be online soon.

Idea of a top10 of the day/week/month would be awesome indeed

Offline Tcholok

• Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dynasty
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2013, 08:43:14 pm »
Hopefully will have more time to finish this up soon. I have a lot of ideas I want to implement, glad to hear you like it!

Server Time
  • :
  • :
Upcoming Events
FFA @ Monkey PvP [r9]
FFA @ Monkey PvP [r9]
FFA @ Monkey PvP [r9]
Summertime Raffle
starts
Ultimate Last Man Standing
starts
Boss Hunt