All tickets have either been responded to or closed. If your ticket was not responded to then it was for a ban appeal and I have no new information on those. As of now ban appeals are not being done, not until we release Regenesis.
Reviewing most of your tickets I found that most of you are going to be unbanned when I do review these types of tickets. Some of you had to provide more information, and I've put in requests for that on your tickets.
As some of you know I have a business I've been slowly building for a little over a year selling hot sauce and other spicy products.
I'm looking for someone who can make me a logo for my business. This is not an official event or contest for the server, but I am willing to pay in bananas or via Paypal.
The business is a retail store that retails products from hot sauce manufacturers. Some of the products include habanero chips, habanero popcorn, habanero sauces, habanero ketchup, and the list just goes on. We even have habanero peanut butter and jelly beans. lol. The thing is we also retail some products from underground rap artists, like CD's and clothing.
I really don't know anything about making my own logo, and these online free companies have all just been ugly, so, if you know how to make a logo for my business then contact me on Skype, via pm, or even via support ticket.
I realize many people can probably do this, but I'm not looking for someone who can photoshop something together you would find on a 90's Geocities template. I'm looking for someone who can make a logo as professional looking as the ones we use on Monkey Dynasty. Thank you.
This will be the final patch that is released before Regenesis. Well, we might have a really tiny one if there are any issues or quick things to change. I have a few things in mind. (Christmas stuff and some other mods that were suggested to me today and I forgot to do before patching.)
We do have the new server up and running, it's configured and ready to have Regenesis opened on it. I'll be focusing on that starting later today. I hope to have Regenesis released by the end of the month, but we all know how bad I am with timelines...
In a few hours double donations and double voting are both activated. Though, once you see the patch below, you might have a lot more spending money in game than you think.
For those who are celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow we'd like to wish you a happy Thanksgiving.
We'd like to thank our staff for all of their help with this patch. Especially Renya for her development work with some of our new content.
Anyways, here's our patch notes for this patch.
1. Modified the Celesphere Sand Packs as follows:
Celesphere Sand Pack 1;
- 0.01 chance for Celesphere Sand 2 changed to 0.10 chance for Celesphere Sand 2.
- Added Celesphere Sand 3 at a chance of 0.01.
- Added Celesphere Sand 4 at a chance of 0.005.
- Added Celesphere Sand 5 at a chance of 0.001.
- Added Celesphere Sand Pack 2 at a chance of 0.05.
- Added Celesphere Sand Pack 3 at a chance of 0.01.
- Added Celesphere Sand Pack 4 at a chance of 0.005.
Celesphere Sand Pack 2;
- 0.01 chance for Celesphere Sand 3 changed to 0.05 chance for Celesphere Sand 3.
- Added Celesphere Sand 4 at a chance of 0.02.
- Added Celesphere Sand 5 at a chance of 0.01.
- Added Celesphere Sand Pack 3 at a chance of 0.02.
- Added Celesphere Sand Pack 4 at a chance of 0.01.
Celesphere Sand Pack 3;
- 0.01 chance for Celesphere Sand 4 changed to 0.05 chance for Celesphere Sand 4.
- Added Celesphere Sand 5 at a chance of 0.01.
- Added Celesphere Sand Pack 4 at a chance of 0.01.
Celesphere Sand Pack 4;
- 0.01 chance for Celesphere Sand 5 changed to 0.03 chance for Celesphere Sand 5.
- Added Celesphere Sand Pack 4 at a chance of 0.05 for a small chance at being able to try again.
This should make sands substantially easier to obtain. It might even make them too easy, lol.
2. We have made changes to the rewards from the Orison Instance.
The Wish Boxes awarded from the Orison instances have been modified to give you prizes based on luck! You will be rewarded based on a range between a minimum and maximum amount of each available prize.
The Servant of Orison Wish Box now rewards;
- One tradeable Dragon Sigil.
- A chance at a Drake Sigil Shard, if you're really lucky you might win two.
- A Level 9 Yuan Crystal.
- From 20 - 40 Banana Peels.
- From 50 - 100 Chi Enhancers.
- From 150 - 300 Soul Inverters.
- From 20 - 60 Tanis Ka Charms.
- From 4000 - 9999 Affinity Beads.
- From 2000 - 4000 Chroma Beads.
- You will also have a 3% chance to win a Solar Pendent.
The Adept of Orison Wish Box now rewards;
- 1 Kirin Sigil.
- A chance at an Ares Sigil Shard, if you're really lucky you might win two!
- From 1 - 2 Level 10 Yuan Crystals.
- From 50 - 100 Banana Peels.
- From 100 - 200 Chi Enhancer.
- From 250 - 500 Soul Inverters
- From 50 - 100 Tanis Ka Charms.
- From 200 - 400 Monkey Coins.
- From 5000 - 9999 Chroma Beads.
- You will also have a 25% chance to win a Solar Pendent.
We have increased the difficulty of both Orison bosses. They may get further tweaking down the road.
3. The Banana Peel NPC is finally here!
The rewards and patch notes for the Banana Peel NPC are shown below. The way it's calculated is 20 Banana Peels is equal to 1 Banana.
- Created the Banana Peel NPC and Banana Peel Exchange.
- Created a box that holds 9999 Celebeans for the Banana Peel NPC.
- Created 4 different types of coupons that can be traded for Bananas. The coupons have to be traded with me to receive the bananas, Bananas will be added immediately after trading with me. I will be visiting the game a few times a day to meet with people to exchange these coupons for Bananas.
- Created a box that holds 200 Eera Herbs.
- Created the Banana Peel Crate. You trade 9999 Banana Peels for a Banana Peel Crate to receive better rewards from the Banana Peel NPC.
- Created the icon for the Banana Crate.
- Created a custom model for the Banana Peel NPC.
We'd like to thank Renya for her work with the icons and models, the designs wouldn't have been possible without you.
Added the Banana Peel NPC to Sunstream with tons of great rewards including;
- Expertise Coupon.
- Drake Sigil.
- Astri Sigil.
- Ares Sigil.
- Flux Sigil.
- A coupon that can be traded to Perryl for 150 bananas.
- A coupon that can be traded to Perryl for 250 bananas.
- A coupon that can be traded to Perryl for 500 bananas.
- A coupon that can be traded to Perryl for 1000 bananas.
- Chapter of essence.
- Supreme Gift Coupon.
- 1 Level 5 Celesphere Sand.
- Fatecharm Fragments.
- Fatecharm Sign.
- Ancient Blood Pack.
- Soul Inverters.
- Sunny Jades.
- Ready Enhancer Pack.
- Celestial Decree.
- Supreme Gift Coupon.
The following Skyblades are being released for Banana Peels only;
- Auho the Flying.
- Sky Unicorn.
Some recolored fashions are released in this patch for Banana Peels;
- Kirin Suit (White)
- Kirin Suit (Green)
- Kirin Suit (Blue)
- Kirin Suit (Pink)
- Kirin Suit (Red)
It's currently undecided if the Banana Peel NPC with be a permanant NPC or not. Currently the only way to get Banana Peels is by completing instances and various other tasks.
4. Various other changes include:
- The Harmony Rune Exchange is now released. The item you use to do the exchange is found on the "Trade" tab of the Monkey NPC for 10 Harmony Runes.
- Re-added Understream Custom Exchange which includes options to get Sigil Shards!
- Fixed the Male Tannenbaum Fashion Pack in the Male Fashion NPC.
- Made 'A Pack of Chroma Beads' that drop from Dragon Gate and General Aoko stackable.
- Added another item to further simplify Faction Changes and make them even quicker.
- Added Spring Rice Glue Ball to GM NPC for testing purposes.
- Added a custom version of Spring Rice Glue Ball to the GM NPC for testing purposes. This custom version takes a different amount of jaden per 'cook'.
- Created a new package for new GM's.
- Fixed the Monkey GM Suit.
- 28 custom titles were added in this patch, you will receive them in your courier shortly.
- The Soul Inverter found in the Monkey NPC has been changed to the tradeable version.
There were some issues with both the web installer and the torrent download. Both of these issues have been rectified, about 4 hours ago. Please redownload the web installer and restart your download, same with the torrent. (Only if you have had issues downloaded the game of course)
Also, the 500 jaden we promised to send everyone about a week ago was sent out yesterday.
We have purchased the new server and are in the final stages of setting it up. More news will be posted soon.
We also have a patch to add to the server very shortly, possibly as soon as today.
Yesterday we had a brief downtime of about 10 hours, our longest in a long time, possibly ever.
We will be crediting 500 jadens to all active accounts. Sorry for the interruption. We have taken steps to prevent this kind of interruption from happening again.
Sorry to anyone who had ordered a faction or gear change in the last few days. I thought I was nerdy enough to start using Ubuntu as my main operating system on the only PC I have for development. I was actually wrong, my nerdskills need polishing before I take that step, and even when I do, I think I'll need Windows to continue JD development, which I have no intention on stopping anytime in the near future.
(For those who know Ubuntu and want to enjoy a laugh at my expense. I installed Xen, and idk if I was just impatient, but basically got locked out of the OS and was stuck on a screen that was even before the main screen. Trying to boot past it was impossible with one of my Windows disks, so I reformatted to Ubuntu, logged TPB, downloaded a copy of W7HP and reformatted to that using the key that came with my PC. After like 12 hours of updates I was ready to start downloading programs again.)
So, everything got delayed by a few days, but I'm about to log in and start doing changes now. I'm back on Windows, and my PC is super clean now, runs much better. After changes I am going straight to the test server to finish a quick patch for the current live server which will include any custom titles currently being waited on, the banana peel npc, and possibly a few other things I'm not prepared to announce, yet.
So, we know you guys are tired of being told we're close over and over again and the server not coming.
There have been so many things to figure out over the past few months.
The first thing we had to do was determine how many people even really wanted Regenesis to come here. The polls were split, but the majority usually wanted Regen, bugs or no bugs.
Once we determined that we were sure we wanted Regenesis to come here we had to figure out how to do it without losing stuff. Nobody wanted a wipe, and ideally people wanted to keep their custom items as well. So we implemented NPC's, and gave people plenty of time to exchange their custom items to new ones. We also sent out an email blast to try and get old players to come back, even if only to upgrade their custom items. We know many are just waiting for Regenesis and not logging in.
We got past that.
We ran into some errors that I'm not going to describe in detail, but fixing them allowed us to import our old database over to the new server so that people wouldn't lose any of their items or level progress. This is the issue most servers dealt with by simply wiping.
We have had a variety of other issues that have all been overcome, well, almost all of them. From editors not working for us to bad filesets being released, we have overcome almost all. I say almost because the tools we use for faction changing still need some work.
I was honestly clinging to hope that a new fileset would release, I've been looking for new files daily and unfortunately just haven't found any new sets that were any better than the original set released back in April or so. So to some extent I delayed it myself by wasting time clinging to that hope a new fileset would come out.
Anyways, we are in the very final stages of testing, and there're a few things left for us to handle. Today we were looking into what kind of server we are going to upgrade to for this to all happen and I wanted to share with you guys the (most likely) server we are going to purchase. We're not 100% sure that we are going to take this version yet, but if not this one, it will be the next step up, not down.
CPU: Intel XeonE5-1650v2 3.5 GHz+/3.9 GHz+
RAM: 128 GB DDR3 ECC 1600MHz
HARD DRIVES: 2 x 2 TB SATA3 6 Gbps + 2 x 240 GB SSD Intel S3500 SATA3 6 Gbps (500 MB/s / 260 MB/s)
This upgrade is literally more than double our current server in just about every way.
So here's some important notes to consider. I'm going to answer the most common questions.
Q: Can you give us an exact date on when Regenesis will be patched?
A: No, I can't. For a number of reasons. When we set up the new server it will take them x amount of time to set it up for us to use, we then have to install our os and many packages onto the server, as well as rewrite our website setup to allow a gateway with a choice between the two servers, and we also have to set up many other things I don't want to take the time to list or consider right now. It will come soon, you will know exactly when whenever I know exactly when.
Q: Can you implement old Sunstream?
A: I believe I can make it so you can go there, but I haven't tested it yet. I will be testing that tomorrow. The old Sunstream map will not be the main Sunstream map that you find in the game for a variety of reasons, but mostly because of how the game is built.
Q: Will I lose my character in Regenesis?
A: No, the database will be swapped right before we open Regenesis, you may have a slight 'rollback' to your character on the Regenesis server, but it should be no more than 15 mins of gameplay really.
Q: Can I play both servers?
A: Absolutely, we encourage it.
Q: Can I vote on both servers?
A: This will depend on the site design, it might take us some extra effort, but our intention is to make sure this is possible.
Q: Will my bananas be refunded if I move from Sunstrider to Regenesis?
A: No, as stated before the server is going to have a 'cloned' database, so you would not be losing any of the things you spent bananas on, or the bananas on your account.
Q: Can the new classes ascend?
A: Sadly no, as you may have noticed no server has had ascension working for both characters properly yet. Not that I've seen anyways, I know that someone claimed Unreal or whatever is fully working, but only one person ever said that and he's permabanned from here.. soo...
The reason ascension has not worked is because the server files that have been leaked so far do not include the chroma skills for both classes, and possibly the ascension skills. While I have not bothered to mod the server to test this for myself, I get this information from a group of server administrators that have all, or do all, run JD servers.
It's not worth the time it would take me to do this (even thought it's only a few mins probably) to test it when I have no evidence saying it would work ,and plenty saying it wouldn't. Unfortunately, it might sound conceded or something, but my time is just too valuable.
Got a burning question that wasn't answered here? Post it below and I'll do my best to address it.